Solved Need help first mod rgh jasper matrix

• Thread starter Idiamondmusic
  • Start date
  • Views 921
Idiamondmusic

Idiamondmusic

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello love the site first post. Having trouble first time modding xbox 360.

I was following this tutorial rgh 1.2. START to finish on this site

I have a j programmer and a matrix v1 chip. I got 4 matching nands I wrote the ecc I programmed the matrix to if u mad 21 timing. I soldered chip in and started xbox. Nothing. Chip was flashing blue every few seconds. I realized I forgot clk wire powered off. Soldered clk wire. Nothing. Bridged top pads 2 and 3 towards phat side. Nothing. Connected j pro to flash try these first timing 21 flashed for really long time may have not finished correctly not sure.

So pretty sure I screwed up so I wanted to start over. So I connected j pro to read nand two nands same hit write ecc says header not same. I have saved the original nand reads and output in a seperate folder. So I'm assuming the "ecc" is still on the Xbox now?

When I tried to rewrite timing on matrix it was wired into the console. Not sure if it finished correctly. I tried disconnecting the matrix chip and re writing timing get device not connected error. I tried unbridging 2 3 phat pads bridge same. I checked continuity between j pro and matrix header pins and chip have continuity. When I plug in matrix chip I get a red flash on j pro and it tries to write flashes red then says no device. I read online maybe the matrix chip should flash when plugged in to j pro?

Now I am concerned about the chip being shorted or flash fried so i want to know how to proceed. I was thinking it would be a good idea to flash the original nand dump back to xbox to check working Condition but I don't know how to do that and haven't found info online.

Am I suppose to erase the matrix chip before writing new timing? I am lost on how to proceed either to return to stock or to find fault with matrix chip.

I was using j runner v.03 beta (5) and when programmed matrix selected RGH2 j runner says xbox is jasper 16mb trinity
Please help. Thank you.

KillerBombie

KillerBombie

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello love the site first post. Having trouble first time modding xbox 360.

I was following this tutorial rgh 1.2. START to finish on this site

I have a j programmer and a matrix v1 chip. I got 4 matching nands I wrote the ecc I programmed the matrix to if u mad 21 timing. I soldered chip in and started xbox. Nothing. Chip was flashing blue every few seconds. I realized I forgot clk wire powered off. Soldered clk wire. Nothing. Bridged top pads 2 and 3 towards phat side. Nothing. Connected j pro to flash try these first timing 21 flashed for really long time may have not finished correctly not sure.

So pretty sure I screwed up so I wanted to start over. So I connected j pro to read nand two nands same hit write ecc says header not same. I have saved the original nand reads and output in a seperate folder. So I'm assuming the "ecc" is still on the Xbox now?

When I tried to rewrite timing on matrix it was wired into the console. Not sure if it finished correctly. I tried disconnecting the matrix chip and re writing timing get device not connected error. I tried unbridging 2 3 phat pads bridge same. I checked continuity between j pro and matrix header pins and chip have continuity. When I plug in matrix chip I get a red flash on j pro and it tries to write flashes red then says no device. I read online maybe the matrix chip should flash when plugged in to j pro?

Now I am concerned about the chip being shorted or flash fried so i want to know how to proceed. I was thinking it would be a good idea to flash the original nand dump back to xbox to check working Condition but I don't know how to do that and haven't found info online.

Am I suppose to erase the matrix chip before writing new timing? I am lost on how to proceed either to return to stock or to find fault with matrix chip.

I was using j runner v.03 beta (5) and when programmed matrix selected RGH2 j runner says xbox is jasper 16mb trinity
Please help. Thank you.
You can program the chip with it all hooked up that does not matter.... I read the nand then do my install then write ecc program time files then boot xell create xebuild then I’ll change time files to get best boot times
Post automatically merged:

You can program the chip with it all hooked up that does not matter.... I read the nand then do my install then write ecc program time files then boot xell create xebuild then I’ll change time files to get best boot times
Trying matrix if you mad then # 19

Post pictures of your install if you have wires ran under the x clamps wrong or janky it will also mess with booting

Idiamondmusic

Idiamondmusic

Reaction score
Sin$

Post pictures of your install if you have wires ran under the x clamps wrong or janky it will also mess with booting
Thanks for the reply. I do have a wire under x clamp here is the pics I'm using the matrix wire diagram here is it the correct one?
x6dzrP7

prTj0wn

grZnM1C

Pic links.

Not quite sure how to get the images to show. Also I believe I shorted the matrix chip during reflash so waiting for another removed matrix chip left wires re flashed original nand and xbox boots normally. Is all my other steps correct rgh2 in jrunner etc wiring spots?

Last edited:
KillerBombie

KillerBombie

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You can try running the blue and green wire different take it out the x clamps and then try it

Oh **** and your brown wire under the clamp like that is probably why actually take all them wire out from under the x clamp you can run under x clamp but not like that they have a bunch of Resistors where the brown wire is at and it’s why it’s causes it to freeze

You can try running the blue and green wire different take it out the x clamps and then try it

Oh **** and your brown wire under the clamp like that is probably why actually take all them wire out from under the x clamp you can run under x clamp but not like that they have a bunch of Resistors where the brown wire is at and it’s why it’s causes it to freeze

try the brown wire first then boot it and it should fix it if not try the other two

Idiamondmusic

Idiamondmusic

Reaction score
Sin$

try the brown wire first then boot it and it should fix it if not try the other two
Thanks for the info. I think the new chip is coming Monday so I'll keep the current wiring and reroute them and try it then and report back. Not sure about the wiring to avoid but I'll try to avoid the other components. Wish I didnt short the chip out I had. Thanks again.

KillerBombie

KillerBombie

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You keep that same wire under the clamp (post) wire you will freeze every time it’s not the chip

If you shorted chip out I’m sure your console has rrod I would put original nand back on Xbox and try to boot retail make sure it does not freeze or have rrod

Idiamondmusic

Idiamondmusic

Reaction score
Sin$
You keep that same wire under the clamp (post) wire you will freeze every time it’s not the chip

If you shorted chip out I’m sure your console has rrod I would put original nand back on Xbox and try to boot retail make sure it does not freeze or have rrod
Flashed original nand without moving wires from photo but disconnected chip. Boots up fine. While I was flashing chip timing second time I shorted chip I believe now shows up xlink device not connected have another chip coming Monday I believe. Unless I have to do something weird like erase the matrix chip I think I can just write new timing over old? Or do I have to erase the timing somehow?

KillerBombie

KillerBombie

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Flashed original nand without moving wires from photo but disconnected chip. Boots up fine. While I was flashing chip timing second time I shorted chip I believe now shows up xlink device not connected have another chip coming Monday I believe. Unless I have to do something weird like erase the matrix chip I think I can just write new timing over old? Or do I have to erase the timing somehow?
Just message me when you get the chip I’ll help you and make sure everything goes right Recommend removing that brown wire running it somewheres else that is not a place to run a post wire at all almost 100% bet that’s why your freezing

Idiamondmusic

Idiamondmusic

Reaction score
Sin$
Just message me when you get the chip I’ll help you and make sure everything goes right Recommend removing that brown wire running it somewheres else that is not a place to run a post wire at all almost 100% bet that’s why your freezing
Thank you will do when I get the new chip I think Monday looks like.

Top Bottom
Login
Register