Need help creating proxy

Discussion in 'PC Support' started by Evaldas Tervilys, Mar 9, 2017 with 10 replies and 211 views.

1. Evaldas Tervilys

Evaldas Tervilys Getting There

Ratings:
    So i am just a total begginer who doesnt know where to start and i am looking for some help p.s. i need proxy for safety reasons

2. Connor

Connor Hi :3 Retired

Ratings:
    You can just use a VPN? Or do you need to specifically create a proxy?

3. OP
    Evaldas Tervilys

Ratings:
    i think you can still be tracked back from vpn so i need to be 100% sure that this wont happen

4. Connor

Ratings:
    If you have an actual credible VPN, you can't be tracked.

What are you wanting to access?

5. lowpro

lowpro Professional Abecedarian

Ratings:
  6. OP
    Evaldas Tervilys

Ratings:
  7. megabrownMUSCLES

megabrownMUSCLES Newbie

Ratings:
    He wants anonymity. He wants TOR. For all you know the "credible vpn provider" he would choose could be nation-state sponsored. You're really underestimating the ease of mass surveillance.
    My advice to OP: I suggest watching thegrugq's talk on OPSEC.

8. Connor

Ratings:
    A credible VPN wouldn't be "nation-state sponsored" but okay.

9. Cakes

Cakes Administrator Administrator

Ratings:
    Depending on the level of what you need to achieve, you have various different options. You can check out getting a VPN, such as Private Internet Access, which is good enough for masking your IP address from most services, and encrypting your data (as expected). If you're going to use a VPN, you should do your research into if the VPN you're going to use keeps logs, what their policies are, etc. As some do record what you do, and do offer that information to the authorities if it's requested (not all do this).

If you want complete anonymity from the activities that you are partaking in, you should considering using TOR. Which you will also need to do your research about, and be extremely careful when accessing certain websites if you venture into the Deep Web.

As for other users replying to this thread, please post insightful messages that will assist the OP in resolving his/her issue. Spam replies will be deleted.

• Like Like x 1
  10. lowpro

lowpro Professional Abecedarian

Ratings:
    TOR is as safe as it gets. When you hear TOR isn't safe, the problem is your activity is often unique and if people are targeting you and have a lot of money, they can still figure out who you are. But as far as security and anonymity go, it's safer than any VPN out there, it will just be slower than some of the ones you pay for.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. JoinTheResistance

JoinTheResistance Dead to the world, alive for the journey...

Ratings:
    Well, you can still be tracked if you create your own proxy on your own network. I really don't see a point in using your own proxy to protect your own anonymity.