Question need help cok-001 test point

• Thread starter jetblue
  • Start date
  • Views 1,846
J

jetblue

Reaction score
Sin$
hi,i fix consoles especially vintage ones mainly my own and for friends for almost no profit. so i started my hand on newer next gen ones. i have a stack of ps3's phattys that im fixing for me and friends so we can enjoy the ps2 upscale. so far ive only been able to fix 1 of them using basic sorcery and blood sacrifice. the others are either ylod or bricked.
all have a plethora of lights and errors as soon as i turn on so i cant be sure. before i send them for reballing i would like to try and get a reading from the lv2diag thingy. but the ps3's shut off as soon as i press power. i read for newer ps3's you solder a wire between tristate and gnd to keep the ps3 on. so far what ive discovered from weeks of searching there is no tristate on older ps3's due to the dual NAND while tristates have something to do with NOR consoles. if this is true is there an alternative way i can keep the ps3 on long enough to try basic diagnostics and such?

thanks for any info.

Wolf

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Sinner 7th Anniversary Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Obv if you fix them, they wouldn't get the ylod or bricked. It would be better help if i knew the exact kind of PS3 you were working on, other than that I got nothing, as for lv2diag everyone's are the same and you can PM me for them, as I do not want to just post them here.

J

jetblue

Reaction score
Sin$
the cok-001 motherboard only exists in the very first units or launch units that are backwards compatible phaty ps3's. the model i have currently in front of me is the cechao1,the others have the same cok-001 boards,dual nands.
thanks for the offer of lv2diag but i have those already just the inability to use them since the console shuts off as soon as i turn the power on thats why i need a way to keep them on long enough to get the diagnostic log and study it.

this article here is what im referring to,ive also seen this method mentioned on this site;
http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-285/can_this_be_fixed-941371/

"solder the tristate(PA0 pad) to GND(ground)anywhere to the mother board this will make the ps3 permanently powered on then just use factory mode dongle to enter it and it will reflash the ps3 into a brand new firm that hopefully fixes the brick :biggrin:"

Last edited:
J

jetblue

Reaction score
Sin$
ah thats where weeks of google and yahoo search have shown me that may be no tristate for cok-001 motherboards. i did find some articles where a tristate was mentioned for the cok-001 "NANDway-SignalBoosterEdition" and some have tried the wiring and all it did was completely destroyed their ps3. so i think the tristate doesnt exist and need confirmation on this and if theres an alternative to keep the ps3 powered on.

ive only asked this question on 2 sites that to me have the most relevance. if there is no answer to this then by the odds of mathematics and witchcraft i was right and tristate does not exist and there is no way to keep an older ps3 powered on and i should abandon this path and just go on ahead with a reball.
if it still doesnt work with a reball then i will know for sure its a brick.
but i still have hope theres a way to keep it powered on *prays*

J

jetblue

Reaction score
Sin$
shuts off the second i turn on power,beeps then flashes red. the others do that as well.

i know its a classic sign of ylod but i have this theory. that perhaps the percentage of ylod is not as high as others have said on launch units. 25% of the units i have here showed similar symptoms and were able to be repaired. was just bad update,foolish attempt at CFW or corrupted hard drive. thats still pretty high percentage. these last units are the hardiest and have resisted my sorcery so im trying other means before i find a reballer.

Ghost Walking

xP3LP Jasper

Oh hi Amy Lee.
Reaction score
Sin$
shuts off the second i turn on power,beeps then flashes red. the others do that as well.

i know its a classic sign of ylod but i have this theory. that perhaps the percentage of ylod is not as high as others have said on launch units. 25% of the units i have here showed similar symptoms and were able to be repaired. was just bad update,foolish attempt at CFW or corrupted hard drive. thats still pretty high percentage. these last units are the hardiest and have resisted my sorcery so im trying other means before i find a reballer.
true hardware failure right there. get it reballed. 

honestly, if it has the original drive an everything original i will buy it off of you. id like to be able to look back when the ps4 comes out and be able to have the first edition launch model of when the future gaming generation started.

Ghost Walking

xP3LP Jasper

Oh hi Amy Lee.
Reaction score
Sin$

OR try this, if you have the materials and skills. try reflashing the coreOS.

Top Bottom
Login
Register