Solved need help bad

Discussion in 'Xbox Support' started by Fristshot, Mar 2, 2008 with 9 replies and 482 views.

1. Fristshot

Fristshot Newbie

Ratings:
    my bro deleted my ms backup and now i cant mod my xbox cause it saids that existing ms backup found but i try to restore and it wont work:frown:

2. mexkan

mexkan Shoot the J! Premium

Ratings:
    what does it do? does it boot up then go to black screen?

3. OP
    Fristshot

Fristshot Newbie

Ratings:
    no

no it goes back to the install sid4

4. Zarcu

Zarcu Getting There

Ratings:
    You can either create a new backup and/or you can download the MS Dash somewhere on this site and just put it where it is suppose to go.

5. jamesmaster00

jamesmaster00 Newbie

Ratings:
  6. mexkan

Ratings:
    well can anyone help me with what i need help with no one ended up helping me in the first place. i need help getting my xbox to work. it boots up like i said, then goes to a black screen. i tried to hot swap it and it didnt work. i might have messed up cause i dont know what im doing. i read the thread twice and still its kinda hard for me to do. if anyone knows what to do. i would appriciate it.

7. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
  8. mexkan

Ratings:

ok but i dont get any error code. i get a black blank screen. it has nothing on it. it boots up fine until its suppose to go to dash. then stops working. THIS IS SO GAY AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. NEED 1337.

9. xBRxP3RF3CTI0N

xBRxP3RF3CTI0N Banned

Ratings:
    heres what you need to do(fristshot), when it goes to the sid4 screen go to file manager then C,rescuedash,default.xbe and it will take you to a modded dash, then download a MS dash backup (ill give you a link to one) and FTP into your xbox then go to E/backup and put the backup in there then dissconnect and try to install softmod again,

Go Here For MS Dashboard BackUps
    http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbox-support/77588-original-ms-dash-back.html

10. TomAss

TomAss Premium Premium

Ratings:
    ^ If you can get to file manager through sid and you go to C and your modded dash is not there, then try E. My Modded dash loads from E not C.

Also to what "Zarcu" said, and depending on what your bro deleted, you can from the sid screen make a new backup. It will just copy your C drive and put it in your E drive in a backup folder.

The only way you would be in trouble is if he wiped out C and the back up folder in E while FTP'ing to your xbox.