Need help backing up all my info

• Thread starter Tradition
  • Start date
  • Views 192
Tradition

Tradition

illuminati
Reaction score
I dropped my HTC one M8 in the toilet (water was clean) and I immediately grabbed it out and dried it off with a towel. After drying it, the device seemed to be functioning fine so I continued to just text people and go about my daily routine and then my screen started going crazy and now it is unresponsive when I touch it. After this happened I took out the SIM/micro SD card and stuck everything in a bag of rice.

At this point it's not looking too good for the phone so I tried to make a backup of it before I put it back in the rice but since I have a pass code on it, HTC Sync manager won't let me make a backup of my stuff because the touch screen is unresponsive so I cannot unlock my phone at all. Is there anyway to make a back up of the device? Any help is appreciated!

TL;DR
My phone screen doesn't work and I have a pass code on it and I can't make a back up of it without putting in the pass code. Help?

UPDATE:
My phone worked this morning when I pulled it out of the rice so I took the pass code off immediately this way I could potentially back it up but when I went to plug it in it kept dying on me. I eventually had to go to school but I figured I would charge it while I'm there. When I came home, it said it was still at 0% and when I would plug it in it would turn on at all. No matter how long I hold the power button the phone won't turn on.

Last edited:
Professional

Professional

Administrator
Administrator
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
I dropped my HTC one M8 in the toilet (water was clean) and I immediately grabbed it out and dried it off with a towel. After drying it, the device seemed to be functioning fine so I continued to just text people and go about my daily routine and then my screen started going crazy and now it is unresponsive when I touch it. After this happened I took out the SIM/micro SD card and stuck everything in a bag of rice.

At this point it's not looking too good for the phone so I tried to make a backup of it before I put it back in the rice but since I have a pass code on it, HTC Sync manager won't let me make a backup of my stuff because the touch screen is unresponsive so I cannot unlock my phone at all. Is there anyway to make a back up of the device? Any help is appreciated!

TL;DR
My phone screen doesn't work and I have a pass code on it and I can't make a back up of it without putting in the pass code. Help?
You could always try purchasing a secondhand/cracked cheap HTC one M8 LCD screen from ebay, connect it to your phone/replace it and see if it is responsive. Alternative to dry rice is those little silica gel packets and see if they do better than the rice :smile:

Tradition

Tradition

illuminati
Reaction score
You could always try purchasing a secondhand/cracked cheap HTC one M8 LCD screen from ebay, connect it to your phone/replace it and see if it is responsive. Alternative to dry rice is those little silica gel packets and see if they do better than the rice :smile:
I don't trust myself with trying to replacing the LCD screen, and I'll use the silica packet things. Thanks! Any suggestions on backing up my phone?

Professional

Professional

Administrator
Administrator
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Maybe if there is a way to boot it into download mode you may be able to flash a rom that supports backing up of files, I'm not sure.

Tradition

Tradition

illuminati
Reaction score
Maybe if there is a way to boot it into download mode you may be able to flash a rom that supports backing up of files, I'm not sure.
I can't flash a custom ROM because I don't have root access, my boot loader isn't unlocked, and I don't have a custom recovery. 
Updated OP with new information.

Top Bottom