What's new

Solved Need help and confirmation in regards to RGH'ing an Xbox 360 S.

J

JMT000

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi All!.

I recently got an Xbox 360 Slim for a bargain!.
A good 4-5 years back I had a RGH Xbox 360 Phat that I bought pre-modded and I loved it. So my idea was to RGH this one the same way and give it a shot as i'm pretty good a soldering iron.
After doing A LOT of research and taking the Xbox apart, I've figured out that i have a 250GB Drive, Corona motherboard with 16MB Nand and "Post-Out" missing.
I still havn't understood if I actually have a "V3" or "V5"... Regardless.. I need to purchase a postfix adapter. - Should I get V2 or just the regular one?.
It seems like what I need in regards to the chip is an "Ace V3" - Is this correct or are there better choices out there now?
And finally - The nand programmer - It seems like there are a few options here - I've looked at the JR Programmer V2 - Would that be a good enough option?.
So to sum up:

Postfix Adapter - "normal" or the V2 version?
Chip - Is Ace V3 the best option?
Nand programmer - Is JR Programmer v2 the best option?

-Thank you :smile:

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi All!.

I recently got an Xbox 360 Slim for a bargain!.
A good 4-5 years back I had a RGH Xbox 360 Phat that I bought pre-modded and I loved it. So my idea was to RGH this one the same way and give it a shot as i'm pretty good a soldering iron.
After doing A LOT of research and taking the Xbox apart, I've figured out that i have a 250GB Drive, Corona motherboard with 16MB Nand and "Post-Out" missing.
I still havn't understood if I actually have a "V3" or "V5"... Regardless.. I need to purchase a postfix adapter. - Should I get V2 or just the regular one?.
It seems like what I need in regards to the chip is an "Ace V3" - Is this correct or are there better choices out there now?
And finally - The nand programmer - It seems like there are a few options here - I've looked at the JR Programmer V2 - Would that be a good enough option?.
So to sum up:

Postfix Adapter - "normal" or the V2 version?
Chip - Is Ace V3 the best option?
Nand programmer - Is JR Programmer v2 the best option?

-Thank you :smile:
  • Doesn't matter which one you get, get whichever you can find cheaper and will ship faster.
  • Ace v3 is the best option for Coronas.
  • JR Programmer v2 is fine for Coronas.

J

JMT000

Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you Noobert for the very straight-forward and fast reply!
There seems to be very little information online about the current (2018) status of the RGH possibilities and alot of information seems to be obsolete. So before I start finding the suppliers for the needed hardware - Is dash 17511 RGH'able?.
Some say its not - And some say it is.

Top Bottom
Login
Register