Solved need Halo 3 Modding help

• Thread starter GS Hero
  • Start date
  • Views 426
G

GS Hero

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello all members of se7ensins, i need some help with modding halo 3, i am not new to modding halo 3, its just these techniques i need help with.
1. Is there a new forge program to mod the new longshore, citidel, and heritic maps for halo 3, if so please post a download link as a reply.
2. In modding halo 3, lets say i want to make a race track out of mongoose pallets. I make a little bit of the race track, save it, mod it, then i go back and i make another section of the track, save it, mod it, but when i go back, the first thing i modded is gone.... any tips/advice on how to fix this problem? also... whats the tag for those white lights on most maps... the tag as in where to find it on forge, like is it godrays under scen or what? *idk what godrays are, but i think thats what they are i just never tested to see if it is.*
If you peoples could help that would be great thanks!

Xpargas

Xpargas

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
1. No, just wait, or you can hex edit.

2. When you save over a map with mods, the mods will disappear...unless its like invisible walls, they will stay.

Idk about the lights, i haven't modded in a while, i think they are under scen.

Upvote 0
G

GS Hero

Reaction score
Sin$
well i know there is a way to do it... my friend tried explaining it to me but it didnt help in any way for question #2...

Upvote 0
Xpargas

Xpargas

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
..you CAN NOT save over mods, there isnt any way around it.

Just make the racetrack all at once, if you want to test it, save the map more then once.

Upvote 0
G

GS Hero

Reaction score
Sin$
he said that i have to save 2 copies, mod one then do something to the other or something like that.... like i said i didnt really understand this... here is the exactly what he said:
1. you cant avoid that, but when you want to save the map make 2 copy's so you can mod the first one, make it better, and add all that to the second copy. 2.
:i told him my problem and thats his reply... could you sum that up into some words that i could understand... please :smile:

Upvote 0
Xpargas

Xpargas

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll try to make this as easy as possible to understand, it's not difficult.

Once you mod a map, you cannot save over it, if you do the mods will disappear.
If you want to mod a map before your finished, save the map twice before you mod it. So you can mod one and have the other as backup if you mess up.

So you have to finish the map completely before you mod it. You can't go back and fix stuff after it's modded.

...get it?

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register