Solved Need Flashing Help :)

MagicalMoose

Reaction score
I had a third party flash my ms25 samsung/toshiba drive about six months ago, and would REALLY like to flash it from 1.51 to 1.61, but am having all sorts of problems.

Basically, anything that I try with it doesn't recognize the drive itself (JungleFlasher, XFlasher360, etc)

But when I downloaded iPrep a while back (older version) it said that my chipset is compatible with MTKFlash, and whatnot. I'm not like, incompetent or something and am fairly tech savvy, so it's really bugging me that it's not doing what I want.

So is it lying, or am I doing something wrong?

I realize that my details are fairly vague, and am willing to answer any questions that would make it easier for you guys to help me do this.

I'm also willing to slap down a month or more's worth of a premium account for myself to help the site if the great people here can get this working for me :thumbup:

INFO--

Dell Dimension E510
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
2 GB RAM (more than likely doesn't matter, oh well)
Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Intel(R) 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller
Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF

Thanks in advance, this really means a lot to me :biggrin:

NFLD_BULLET93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your chipset isent compatible its not yo will need a via chip set i think
heres a cheep 1 VIA VT6421A IDE & SATA RAID PCI Controller Card

If you cherish XBL:
i woulden change firmware with this ongoing banwave because the firmware is dectiable by M$ ull probally be flaged and baned in time.
i sugest order the chipset (if thats what you need ) then install it on your pc and wait for a evin newer firm ware update

MagicalMoose

Reaction score
yeah, i noticed the thread that was talking about how we shouldn't flash right now, and i dont intend to after reading that, but i'd like to make sure i know how to do it when the time comes around.

NFLD_BULLET93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hers the full Jungle flasher tut for all drives find your drive and use the drop menue to find the corect tut:biggrin:
http://www.ixtreme.net/download/file.php?id=167

ps: read the BEFOR USING JUNJLE FLASHER section it could solve your prob
I dont think you need a via chipset but if this dont work you may need it

EDIT: You Need Adobe Reader to read the tut

Top Bottom