Need expert modder

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Mod Help' started by mod man, Jan 14, 2009 with 31 replies and 1,074 views.

1. mod man

mod man Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i was wondering if its possible to convert human weapons that use magazines to covenant ones that use batteries.

im working on a spartan laza and i need fuel rod to be battery powered so it can charge and so on. im sort of cutting corners already by using a fuel rod and not a actual imported model of a spartan laser because then ill need an animation graph to go with it.

please if you know how to and your absolutely certain it will work and not freeze the map like my numerous tries then feel free to explain. :smile:

Oh and if your wondering what ive done for the spartan laser so far its a plasma pistol (hoping to make it a fuel rod cannon) with charge time 2.85 (4 seconds in rl units) and over charge action being discharge.

the projectile is beam rifle beam with contrails made red and white and made slightly thicker.

p.s. you can change plasma pistol charge time and over charge action in insolence under triggers. feel free to use my ideas and experiment :smile:

oh yea, also another thing getting in my way of modding is when i clone chunk and it says theres a boken ident and i try to 'fix system link' but it seems to have done nothing.

this is a serious problem for me because it starts off as lets say, battle rifle.weap and spreads to damaging all the huds, projectiles, weapon placement, weapon sounds, weapon fire effects and much much more.

ive already had to throw away 3 of my perfectly modded maps. and even if i keep a backup of the maps, the problem exists in its simplest form there.

2. LoLLeRo

LoLLeRo Banned

Ratings:
    i have pretty good knowledge, i guess. and i think thats possible somehow, i just dont know how

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    mod man

mod man Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Lol im all over the place with my modding :smile:

yesterday was putting shield doors into zanzibar and now im working on a massive project in terminal. already injected 3 halos (actual rings), 3 full sized full collision scarabs, my BETA version of spartan laser ( saved it with entity so i can inject it into any of my maps), and even the pillar of autumn! not actual size tho, the actual thing is like 3 times the size of terminal and has no colision :ohmy:

still w8in for some more advice to improve my laser :biggrin:

ill be sure to make a pff patch for everyone that wants to try it out once i find out how to make the patches

hey guys my montage is finally out on utube! :smile:
    the second weapon i fire in it is the spartan laser, so have a look!

[ame=http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=mbKTHQq3UyQ&feature=channel_page]YouTube - halo 2 extreme modded content[/ame]

4. LoLLeRo

LoLLeRo Banned

Ratings:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    mod man

mod man Enthusiast

Ratings:
    wow LoLLeRo sweet utube backround. also nice vids!:smile:

6. LoLLeRo

LoLLeRo Banned

Ratings:
    Thanks. here is my latest mod:
    (watch in HD)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y86TxfLY98]YouTube - LegitModZ :: Yellow Brick Road :: Awesome Halo 2 Mod[/ame]

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    mod man

mod man Enthusiast

Ratings:
    cool i like how youve printed legitmodz on numerous objects and even the sky :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  8. LoLLeRo

LoLLeRo Banned

Ratings:
  9. OP
    mod man

mod man Enthusiast

Ratings:
    UPDATE!

I have released the spartan laser onto the internet! using my friend's site. because the halo maps are too big (i think the maximum i could put on his site was like 20mb) i have released the spartan laser in the form of an entity UE build. now i dont know if this'l work but so far ive managed to transfer it from map to map on my computer but im not 100% sure it'l work for you ppl.

i dont know if it will let you inject the build into entity but give it a shot!

ENJOY!

this link here. lol runescape ------->[Click here to view the link] its called spartan lase (for short) ull see it :biggrin:

A Few Questions & Answers

1Q. why does an error pop up saying something like: couldnt read..

1A. try moving the build file onto your desktop seeing this is the place i got it exported to on my own computer. if it still doesnt work, please do a bit of troubleshooting and if it still doesnt work please leave a message with what you have tried and so on..

2Q. why is it in the form of an Entity UE build?

2A. if it was in a map that was bigger than 20 mb (theres no halo2 map that size) i wouldnt of been able to put it on my friend's website. also its a much more eficient way for you to download.

3Q. i have noticed its not the COMPLETE thing and requires steps to make it so.

3A. my first version of the complete froze every map i put it in. so i cut it down a bit and guess what! it works now. i had to remove the 1st person model and the decal. i have included a .txt document with the file so you can do these steps manaully and get to know my spartan laser a litte better from the modding side of it. NOTE: youll probably have to quite alot about modding to understand what to do in the .txt document.

4Q. why doesnt it sound like a spartan laser!?! youve ripped us off!

4A. ok, i didnt swap the sound because every time i use h2st to swap sounds and i move the map to a different directory, the sound goes faulty. i dont know if this is because it needs to be in the directory of the shared .map or something like that i used to internalise the sound. ive left it up to you to do this if you really want to. a good loop sound in any map to swap it with your injected sound would be the shield recharge sound effect which is 4.5 seconds long.

5Q. why not SPPF patch?

5A. im not really sure how to make a sppf patch. i know dothalo has a sppf patch maker but every time i use it it crashes my computer for some uknown reason :? is it supposed to do that?

10. Pingo

Pingo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Could you post a small clip. Im also gonna attempt this for H2V MP but not on custom maps.

11. NicksMods

NicksMods Contributor

Ratings:
    I am a expert i can help
    i will tinker around with it to see if i can make it a little bit better sound and all, then release a sppf patch if you want.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    mod man

mod man Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks :smile: i apreciate modders like you and their input:smile:

13. NicksMods

NicksMods Contributor

Ratings:
    np i'm here to help:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    mod man

mod man Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Pingo, you mean a small video clip? ok ill get right on it :smile:

15. Pingo

Pingo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah a small clip if its not too much bother. Iv seen two other people attempt this for vista but it was custom maps.
    Im going for retail maps.

16. OP
    mod man

mod man Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok finally uploaded. i have a few copy right issues with the song and that completely nocked out the audio :frown: BUT, it is on my youtube page and i have noticed that the one on my youtube page still has audio.

so here it is: [Click here to view the link] its the video right there when the page opens.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pingo

Pingo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    really nice, i hope mine turns out this good. Thanks for uploading the video dude.

18. OP
    mod man

mod man Enthusiast

Ratings:
    no prob :biggrin: just has some copy right issues atm. wanna get them cleared.

19. LoLLeRo

LoLLeRo Banned

Ratings:
  20. OP
    mod man

mod man Enthusiast

Ratings:
    audio swap?

oh yah that. nah i couldnt be bothered and the vid still has good audio on my channel page so yers

oh w8 it doesnt :ohmy: