Need Bridging Help? Post here!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by KranK, Jan 1, 2009 with 823 replies and 30,643 views.

1. KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:
    Please Post your questions, comments or concerns here. I would ask that you use the format that's at the bottom of this post. I am making this thread to help reduce the amount of threads that are piling up about one topic.

Here is the format to use:

Code:
    Problem:
    Method of Communication:

Try to be as specific as you can, so a member can help you out as best as they can.

Members that are willing to help, please quote there post and simply respond with helping, or anything you want. Please keep the spam down please.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Hey Krank, do you have any idea as to why I can't find WINGMAN games?

3. OP
    KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:
    Reboot your router, and modem. IF that doesn't help to be honest I dont know.

4. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Yeah, been there, done that... I don't thinkk I can play WINGMAN anymore...

5. OP
    KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:
    Well Shots got host banned from elimination.

6. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I just got banned from WINGMAN then...:thumbdown:

I'm playing elimination and getting people their stars if you want to join...

7. U N ii C O R N

U N ii C O R N Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi,
    As you can see im new to sevensins forums hello to everybody.

I Always bridge host and standby in wingman if im losing (rarely standby when im always host) and in the past couple days i havent been able to find games or be host.

ZAP-
    Ive managed to setup my bridge blah blah..added range
    206.13.213.20-206.13.213.255
    206.16.213.20-206.16.213.255 acid ip update
    added my ip adress
    65.55.42.130-65.55.42.255 acids ip update

and still manage never to host in wingman,my zap worked fine untill last couple days ago,have i been banned from hosting,what have i done wrong or what should i do to bridge host again?make a new account?or lease tell me what ips am i adding wrong!

sorry for double post but if u get host banned y dont u renew ur ip adress.

8. darkangles

darkangles Newbie

Ratings:
    Hello, for some reason when I try to bridge me friends host I always lag out. I am bridging using a router. I don't know if it matters but I am able to get host for myself, the only problem I have is like I said bridging my friends host.
    I use:
    Cain and Abel
    Zone Alarm pro
    I know i have my friends right ip because it shows up in Cain and he checked it in ip chicken.
    I did bridge in Halo 2 a lot so I think I know what I am doing, but I am human so help is really appreciated thank you. :thumbup:

9. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Cain always crashes... that's probably your problem

10. SiK MuShRoOm

SiK MuShRoOm Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey i just have a quick question

I dont need a lag switch to bridge do I?? Becuase im pretty sure thats just for standbying right.

11. OP
    KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:

That is correct. To bridge you would need to follow the tutorials in the GOW2 bridging section.

12. GearVetter

GearVetter Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey, me and my friend both have done this and get host but there are times during the connection box check-off screen where it connects us to a game before we can even wait 10 seconds to switch the slider back from high to medium. I'm not quite sure why it's happening, I also have a few questions along with that one.

First of all I'll let you all know what I'm using. I just use Zone Alarm, I have CommView downloaded but not quite sure how to use it. I don't have the Cane/Abel program. I have a Linksys Router and Motorola Modem. My Xbox360 and Computer are both connected with ethernet cabels.

Oh by the way this is all using Acid's guide: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/gow2-bridging/117922-best-bridging-tutorial.html

1.) When starting a game party is it necessary to have started Zone Alarm after the party has been made, or can Zone Alarm be turned on even before starting the game party?

2.) Is it neccessary to "Rapidly change the INTERNET ZONE SECURITY SLIDER from MED to HIGH four or five times" before beginning the game search, every time? Or was this step just necessary in order to pickup your friends IP addresses? Which brings me to something related to the rapid switch step...

3.) When I checked the Alerts and Logs, my friends IP address didn't even show up, they were all mine (192.168...) and my IP didn't show for my friend either when he tried. We ended up both finding out our IPs and sharing them with each other. Does this have anything to do with us not always getting host (as explained earlier)?

I'd like to also add something (sorry if there is an edit feature, I haven't found it yet, I'm new).

I have Norton Antivirus and Symantic Internet Security both on pretty much all the time. Perhaps I need to disable both, or at least their firewall protection?

Also can anyone explain to me what CommView or the Cain/Abel program is used for? I strictly use Zone Alarm and follow the tutorial provided by Acid.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    If you haven't already tried opening your NAT if it is taking excessively long to find a match, otherwise you might be banned from hosting in Wingman but I don't really see that to be true.

First off, that tutorial is assuming you have your bridge already setup, you need to use Cain or Commview to setup your bridge then do the Zone Alarm part.

1. You can have Zone Alarm opened whenever, as long as you make sure it is not on high while you are bridged and just sitting around.

2. That is only to find your friend's IP adresses.

3. 192.168.... is a universal IP address, the ones connected to that are the IP addresses, to get a sure fire method on getting those I would recommend downloading cain as it has yet to fail me yet. Considering you don't even have a bridge you shouldn't even get any IP's that are from your xbox.

I would try downloading cain/commview and use one of them and see if it allows it to bridge you host all of the time otherwise I would disable just the firewall settings since Zone Alarm is a firewall within itself.

CommView and Cain allow you to setup the bridge, I would suggest looking at other tutorials to figure out how to setup the bridge or ask the makers of the thread to explain it more thoroughly. Without the bridge part of it there is nothing going on except you messing with a firewall for your computer alone, not your xbox. Thus you got host lucky those few times that you did.

• Like Like x 3
  14. GearVetter

GearVetter Newbie

Ratings:
    Okay, thank you very much for your help. Me and my friend saw the guide yesterday and thought that was all that was needed to get host (kinda funny I know, I'm not one of the most computer literate people heh).

I'll try to find a CommView guide then. Is CommView better or Cain?

Oh I see you recommended Cain, I'll get that then. Also how do I edit? So I can stop force merging due to doubleposting heh.

Also does anyone know of any Cain/CommBiew guides that they found to be good?

15. darkangles

darkangles Newbie

Ratings:
    The thing is it doesn't crash I just lag out.

16. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Did you add xbox live's IP range to your trusted, as well as Epics IP range. Are you leaving your firewall on high while bridged for an excessive ammount of time because that will cause you to lag out.

17. darkangles

darkangles Newbie

Ratings:
    I did add both ip ranges, and I only put it on high when I am going to bridge so it doesn't stay on for more than a few seconds minutes at best.

18. GearVetter

GearVetter Newbie

Ratings:
    Okay I have everything set-up for ZA, I'm just wondering what I need to do for CommView (I've tried to install Cain/Abel but had some technical difficulties).

So far with CommView I have the pull-down box set to my router Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport.

So now if I search for a Wingman game I need to use ZA (setting slider high->med, ect) and then do I right click my IP Address and choose a "bridge host" option or something like that? I haven't had the chance to try it, but is that what I need to do?

EDIT: I guess what I should say is I understand what I need to do with Zone Alarm, but I don't understand how to bridge my connection using CommView or Switchsniffer. If someone could explain to me what I need to do I'd greatly appreciate it.

19. INaDeSHoT

INaDeSHoT Newbie

Ratings:
    HI, I'M ON A 64 BIT LAPTOP AND MY CONNECTIONS ARE BRIDGED AND I FOLLOWED THE ONE TUTORIAL BUT HERE IS THE PROBLEM..CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME? WHEN I DOWNLOAD WEBROOT AND ADD ALL THE IPs I CANT EVEN USE THE INTERNET ON MY LAPTOP OR XBOX 360 ANY HELP?

20. h3ypp7

h3ypp7 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    A friend of mine tried webroot and he couldn't get it working...
    To use the internet on both you need to add each local IP to trusted, like 192.168.....