What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Need assistance with buying a PS3.

D

DFeokhSd1MEolLB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I've never owned a PlayStation 3, but I've wanted to pick one up to complete my collection of the seventh generation consoles. Someone near me is selling a PlayStation 3 with the HDMI, controller, and an upgraded 500GB hard drive along with 22 games all for $100. I want to jailbreak this console, but I've been searching around and seem to find that PlayStation 3 consoles can only be jailbroken on firmware version 3.55. I messaged the seller and they say the console's on firmware version 4.81. So my main questions are the following:
  1. Is this a good deal for what it's worth?
  2. Can the firmware be downgraded for jailbreak and is the fact that you need to downgrade to jailbreak true?
  3. Is this a bad idea that I'm even considering buying this?
Any actual help is appreciated.

K

K3LL0GSkid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3vmXrFPOxA
Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I've never owned a PlayStation 3, but I've wanted to pick one up to complete my collection of the seventh generation consoles. Someone near me is selling a PlayStation 3 with the HDMI, controller, and an upgraded 500GB hard drive along with 22 games all for $100. I want to jailbreak this console, but I've been searching around and seem to find that PlayStation 3 consoles can only be jailbroken on firmware version 3.55. I messaged the seller and they say the console's on firmware version 4.81. So my main questions are the following:
  1. Is this a good deal for what it's worth?
  2. Can the firmware be downgraded for jailbreak and is the fact that you need to downgrade to jailbreak true?
  3. Is this a bad idea that I'm even considering buying this?
Any actual help is appreciated.
Yes it's a good deal pending it actually works. If you want jailbroken, you will need an E3 flasher which will require opening your console and some work to get a working downgrade. 3.55 is the highest FW you can jailbreak on. I tell people if they aren't savvy to just buy a console preinstalled with 3.55 on Ebay or wherever to get them started.

D

DFeokhSd1MEolLB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, fam. You're the first person who's actually given me a response. I'll go ahead and grab it while it's still up for sale. How much does an E3 flasher normally cost? Looking around, I see a range of prices. Anyplace reliable I can grab one that you know of?

Top Bottom
Login
Register