What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Need a new drive

Crooks

Crooks

6‮
VIP
Retired
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
I need a new drive to host movies and TV shows on to use on my home Plex network. Would it be better to get an internal or external drive?

GOLDEN HDx

GOLDEN HDx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe internal since you can install it and forget about it, however, if you'd like to be able to take your movies and shows with you to other places or maybe another PC, then an external drive could work. With an external drive however, you're probably limited with whatever USB type you have to connect. Also, external drives are usually a bit more expensive for the same size so an internal drive could be better money-wise. It just depends on whether you want to save money and also how you plan to use it.

Swifty

Swifty

Taylor Swift Gang
Retired
Stickied Bright Idea Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
I need a new drive to host movies and TV shows on to use on my home Plex network. Would it be better to get an internal or external drive?
External due to the fact you can bring it to other people's houses incase you want to watch something there.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Would it be better to get an internal or external drive?
Best would be to get a USB3.0 external drive. It's going to give you the performance of a SATA drive and the portability of a USB drive. Keep in mind that you'll also need a USB3.0 port on your PC as well, if you want to use the higher speed.

Top Bottom
Login
Register