• Thread starter iLoveSelenaGomez
  • Start date
  • Views 5,414
I

iLoveSelenaGomez

<3 Selena Gomez <3
Reaction score
Sin$
I need a good RSPS Source. Preferably 317. If i like it and if its bugfree, Ill pay you (after i have tested it myself).

Thanks.

I

iLoveSelenaGomez

<3 Selena Gomez <3
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, I know i look like some leech, But im not. I just want a source to play on with my friends. And im not going to reuplaod etc.

Faffy

Faffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
private servers are illegal are we allowed to post sources here?

Clepto

Clepto

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$

Contrary to popular belief, they are not illegal. You can make as many private servers as you want to. It's only illegal if you use it for commercial or monetary gain

In regards to the OP, just go to rune-server, and look in their downloads section, you'll find thousands of sources there. You could also check moparscape forums and runelocus.

Faffy

Faffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Contrary to popular belief, they are not illegal. You can make as many private servers as you want to. It's only illegal if you use it for commercial or monetary gain

In regards to the OP, just go to rune-server, and look in their downloads section, you'll find thousands of sources there. You could also check moparscape forums and runelocus.

Just hosting the server-side is legal, but seeing as you need to use the client-side (client code and visual elements) to make it an actual RuneScape mimic, you'd need to infringe the copyrights of Jagex Game Studios. RuneScape private servers can therefore be considered as illegal.

features
Raptor armour
trickster armour
vanguard armour
battlemage armour
aviator/ganodermic armour
ancient ceremonial armour

donator capes
owner cape
death cape
max cape
completionist cape

black phat
bandos partyhat
different colour gnome scarfs

ragefire boots
steadfast boots
Glaiven boots

custom login screen
Level points
full construction skill
full dungeoneering skill
full summoning skill

new custom game interface
added staff of light special attack
added lottery and server announcments for it

client now loads HD images
summoning special move and dismiss familiar now work
fixed soulsplit/turmoil
added public and private construction zone
added build interface and spots
re-wrote clipping and map loading, server can now hold over 500 players easily
added money pouch and fixed a dupe
re-wrote the combat formula so there are no overpowered weapons
added max hit splat marker
added names displayed above players head (can be switched on/off)
added a new skills interface
orbs now show when using ice barrage and target is already frozen
added donator points system
correct items kept on death interface and value calculator
added play time per player
max level is now 138
slayer task and amount is displayed in quest tab
time played is now displayed in quest tab
re-wrote npc clipping, server can now hold over 1200 players
re-wrote some packets, server can now hold over 1700 players
added a new emote tab with HD emote pictures
added a new HP bar
charms are now dropped by every monster
charms are dropped more frequently by slayer and boss monsters
added xp counter
xp counter now works
server message sent when owner,admin,moderator logs in
welcome message upon login
lootshare and coinshare now work
new ignore and friend list interface
total level now works
total level also displays total xp upon hovering
removed world map as it lags out
added all spirit shield effects

added icy bones boss
added balance elemental
added sea troll queen
added nomad
added bal'lak the pummeller
added giant mole
added phoenix lair
added rammernauts
added arzinian avatars
added revenants
added ancient warriors
added jungle strykewyrm's
added desert strykewyrm's
added ice strykewyrm's

download client-source-cache- http://uppit.com/kd9rrdhi0rqj/rsps_work.zip

Clepto

Clepto

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$

Technically yes, distributing a customized client is illegal, however making one and using it is not. Maybe against the ToS, but not illegal.

The OP said that he wanted to play with some friends, the client would only be used privately then, so really it wouldn't be illegal for him to do. When it becomes illegal is if you distribute it freely. Really we could argue this all day, lol.

However running a small server for friends and privately distributing a client to them only, you have absolutely no legal worries in that. The only time Jagex comes after people is when their server actually generates a large income(thus taking away from Jagex's potential profits).

Is it illegal to host a server? No.
Is it illegal to freely distribute a RuneScape client? Yes.
Do you have any worries of legal issues hosting a small private server? No.

I ran a server that would occasionally reach upwards of 1000 players online, and never had any issues with Jagex even threatening. As long as you aren't potentially taking away from their profits, they don't care.

Faffy

Faffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I ran a server that would occasionally reach upwards of 1000 players online, and never had any issues with Jagex even threatening. As long as you aren't potentially taking away from their profits, they don't care.

There are rumors that they go after people twice and each has been denied, whether they go after someone or not is irrelevant and no matter how many people he has he cannot use any images found in Runescape for it to be legal. However your attempt to fulfill some need for legality on your own conscience does not answer my original question.

I assume since its only the source it wouldn't be

Clepto

Clepto

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
There are rumors that they go after people twice and each has been denied, whether they go after someone or not is irrelevant and no matter how many people he has he cannot use any images found in Runescape for it to be legal. However your attempt to fulfill some need for legality on your own conscience does not answer my original question.

I wasn't attempting to verify any legalities, I was trying to provide an example that shows he wouldn't have to worry about legal issues in his case, even if the activity is illegal, he doesn't need to worry about it.

It's not illegal to have or create a custom RuneScape client, it's only illegal to redistribute it without Jagex's permission.

K

Kaede

The King of Metal
Grammar Nazi Free Hoster Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$

The only way that fagex will sue you is if your server gets to busy. servers like soulsplit are capable of being sued.
If you are hosting one for you and your friends and maybe a couple other people you will have no problem.
Sources: I've hosted on and off for the last 4 years

Faffy

Faffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The only way that fagex will sue you is if your server gets to busy. servers like soulsplit are capable of being sued.
If you are hosting one for you and your friends and maybe a couple other people you will have no problem.

Read other posts, it is still illegal whether they take action or not, please contribute intellectually rather than saying well I got away with it

K

Kaede

The King of Metal
Reaction score
Sin$
Read other posts, it is still illegal whether they take action or not, please contribute intellectually rather than saying well I got away with it
I read the entire thread and I answered
Instead of being the douche smartass you are trying to be, why don't reread what I said.

Faffy

Faffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I read the entire thread and I answered

Instead of being the douche smartass you are trying to be, why don't reread what I said.

Lol you

they will sue you if you are popular..."It's still illegal"...I've hosted..."still illegal"

Now that you have made a fool out of yourself everything in this post has already been said and I was asking if I was allowed to post it here which has yet to be answered and furthermore none of your posts have given the original poster a source

K

Kaede

The King of Metal
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol you

they will sue you if you are popular..."It's still illegal"...I've hosted..."still illegal"

Now that you have made a fool out of yourself everything in this post has already been said and I was asking if I was allowed to post it here which has yet to be answered and furthermore none of your posts have given the original poster a source
Do you see other people posting sources? Are there posts locked? No so shut the f*** up.
Fool of myself? Your the only dumba** actually posting. The RS section is dead.
It is technically illegal to host them but you will NOT GET CAUGHT unless you start making serious money.

Top Bottom
Login
Register