Need a good case

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware & Builds' started by Haxalot88, Dec 7, 2008 with 7 replies and 163 views.

1. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Alright, so here is what I have so far:

[Click here to view the link]

I need a good case to go with it, preferably something with excellent airflow. I do not wish to go with liquid cooling on this particular build.

I'm thinking about going with: [Click here to view the link]

Is this a good case? And how good is the air flow? I plan to use this for a lot of powerhouse work, so I want to keep everything cool. Also, would it fit this particular fan?

2. Pieceman

Pieceman VIP VIP

Ratings:
    I don't think you would have any problems with cooling if you went with that case. If you're not completely sold on it, take a look at this one:

3. crank dat curry

crank dat curry Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The 900 is amazing. I have it. It keeps everything nice and cool.

The Tricool are a bit loud but on the "Low" setting you can barley hear them.

4. Nightcast

Nightcast Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I have the CM-690 and I love It. Pleanty of room, Great air flow. Everything your asking for. Want pics lmk.

5. TuBbY BuNnY

TuBbY BuNnY Contributor

Ratings:
  6. itzmeluigi

itzmeluigi Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Looks great.

and that zalman is very good to

The antec 900 is a great case. You can also mod it and cut wholes near the mobo tray and route all your cables threw the back, you will basically see no loose wires if you do that mod.

heres a good videos of the cable management for it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnePBkCor1E]YouTube - Antec 900 Cable Management[/ame]

7. P8BALLER4LIFE01

P8BALLER4LIFE01 Newbie

Ratings:
    One thing I may say is that a Antec 900 might not fit with a 9800gx2, what kind of budget do you have in your case? also you might want to get a slightly powerfull psu maybe 650+ or 700 at least.

8. TorMenT

TorMenT VIP VIP

Ratings:
    The antec 900 is a great case for cooling and looks really cool, but it is pretty big. Also, the power supply is in the bottom corner so it makes it fairly difficult if your psu wires are not too long. Also, I got a computer desk that the computer is supposed to go inside of and the door does not close because the case is too long. It is a much bigger case than your typical desktop case. Other than the size though, it is amazing, and a lot of people like big cases for more space, especially if they ever want to watercool.