Need 32in HDTV Help!

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by Mag1c, Jan 19, 2009 with 11 replies and 166 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mag1c

Mag1c Since '06

Ratings:
    Alright i have it narrowed down to two models:
    [Click here to view the link]

or

Before you all go ahead and say... get the vizio is a brand name... i saw the dynex in best buy today.. and the picture is simply stunning... I have not seen the picture of this vizio yet... but you guys will point out the contrast ratio is better.. yes, its a plasma 32 in hdtv... which also means plasma's have more of a glare and i read cnet reviews and it got terrible cons... the dynex has one which is bad placement for rear connections..

I spent all day reading reviews on best buys website and the dynex has great picture with xbox 360 and hd channels, only con i have seen is the slow channel changer response with basic cable, which i dont have. i have satelite, so that is not a problem.

I will be a college student next year.. and am getting a laptop this summer and this tv soon. So i need two hdmi ports, both have it for my xbox 360 and laptop for blu ray movies... and need great picture... if any of you guys have knowledable input or have recently purchased a 32 inch hdtv for around 450 or less please let me hear your words of wisdom!

2. GAMER 4 L1F3

GAMER 4 L1F3 Contributor

Ratings:
    Just a little background, I sold TV's for almost 1 1/2 years. I would go with the Dynex. The plasma will have burn in after a while and especially if your using it for games. Also my sister just bought Dynex 40" and the picture is amazing for the price.

3. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    truely this plasma will suffer burn-in issues because it is a generally older model. Much NEWER models won't have that issue, but I highly doubt they are any less than 40".

4. OP
    Mag1c

Mag1c Since '06

Ratings:
    the vizio is the first 32 in plasma ever under 40 in... toshiba made the other which was a 37 in

as for the dynex... do you think it will be necessary to get a warranty with it? i know it has the 1 year... but i need some feedback its like 70 dollars for 4 years

oh and for a speaker system how about

so i can just hook my laptop up to my tv when i need to and i got my speakers hooked up to my tv... that seems badass

5. GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3 Retired Retired

Ratings:
    burn in bull sh*t. I have a 42 inch plasma and lcd LG. Plasma burn in looks like this. Keep the screen in one spot for a few minutes, now look in a dark room in your game and you can see a ghost image of what the burn in was. Plasmas also have better more realistic color and shading.

But it sais that vizio is only 720 x 1024 witch isnt even full 720p but is just about it. The dynex has a 1366 x 768 witch is alot more resolution. Also look at the vizios contrast ratio, witch happends to be 30000:1 (16 million colors) Dynex has 1200:1.

There is alot of difference between getting a plasma and an lcd. And you dont have to worry about having your screen set in place for a long time. The burn in isnt that bad on plasmas. and burn in only shows with black parts of the background so you almoust never see it.

Note: usually lcd screen flat panels have a better resoltion.

6. OP
    Mag1c

Mag1c Since '06

Ratings:
    im getting the dynex... any actions as to getting the 4 year protection plan with it?

7. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    Get the dynex, if you game a lot like me you don't want a plasma. Also I would get a warranty. I wasn't going to get a warranty on my HDTV and it ended up breaking a couple weeks ago. I would definitely get the protection plan.

8. OP
    Mag1c

Mag1c Since '06

Ratings:
    alright so the 70 bucks is worth the 4 yr.. thanks bro

9. GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3 Retired Retired

Ratings:
    and why would he want a plasma

10. OP
    Mag1c

Mag1c Since '06

Ratings:
    okay so it still stands... you guys think DYNEX or vizio?!!?

11. Madman340

Madman340 Seasoned Member

Ratings:

Dude wtf... 720p means there are 720 pixels vertically...
    and 720 x 1024 would be high as ****, it would go 1024 x 720 (width x height)

Contrast ratio isn't very noticeable, even for gaming, past 1000:1 is plenty.

12. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    Burn-In

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.