Absim

Absim

One Take
Reaction score
Sin$
  1. Budget & Currency: Ideal is £550 but the absoulute max is £600
  2. Uses: Programming and gaming
  3. Time Frame: This week or the next
  4. Part Preferences: The case just needs to look nice and have a window.
  5. Color code: This isn't necessary but i guess it would be nice if it could match and look nice.
  6. How many monitors will you game on: 1 but later on I would like to go to three.
  7. Peripherals: Just a mouse
  8. Special Requests:N/A
  9. Do you plan on building it yourself or buying pre-built: Building myself
If you can't fit a GPU in the budget then would it be possilble to buy a GPU later on the line since I need a computer urgently for my studies?
This build is something I'd like to countinue upgrading and upgrading but at the moment I can only spend £550 and I kinda wanna play games like GTA V, CS:GO, Heroes and Generals and Arma 3 at idealy high settings and be able to run programs like Visual studios flawlessly.
I'd also like to know if its better for me to get a pc or laptop since I'll be going to uni this year and my family made the point that laptop would be better since I could take with me but my problem with laptops are that I hate touchpads and I hear laptops arent worth the price you pay. Thanks for all your help. :biggrin:

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
  1. Budget & Currency: Ideal is £550 but the absoulute max is £600
  2. Uses: Programming and gaming
  3. Time Frame: This week or the next
  4. Part Preferences: The case just needs to look nice and have a window.
  5. Color code: This isn't necessary but i guess it would be nice if it could match and look nice.
  6. How many monitors will you game on: 1 but later on I would like to go to three.
  7. Peripherals: Just a mouse
  8. Special Requests:N/A
  9. Do you plan on building it yourself or buying pre-built: Building myself
If you can't fit a GPU in the budget then would it be possilble to buy a GPU later on the line since I need a computer urgently for my studies?
This build is something I'd like to countinue upgrading and upgrading but at the moment I can only spend £550 and I kinda wanna play games like GTA V, CS:GO, Heroes and Generals and Arma 3 at idealy high settings and be able to run programs like Visual studios flawlessly.
I'd also like to know if its better for me to get a pc or laptop since I'll be going to uni this year and my family made the point that laptop would be better since I could take with me but my problem with laptops are that I hate touchpads and I hear laptops arent worth the price you pay. Thanks for all your help. :biggrin:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£140.64 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£32.17 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£40.86 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card (£206.85 @ Amazon UK)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£33.95 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£48.06 @ CCL Computers)
Mouse: Gigabyte GM-M6800 Wired Optical Mouse (£7.87 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £550.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-18 05:14 BST+0100

Absim

Absim

One Take
Reaction score
Sin$
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£140.64 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£32.17 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£40.86 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card (£206.85 @ Amazon UK)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£33.95 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£48.06 @ CCL Computers)
Mouse: Gigabyte GM-M6800 Wired Optical Mouse (£7.87 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £550.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-18 05:14 BST+0100
Does this build support crossfire and will I be able to upgrade the gpu and cpu to a higher tier without replacing the motherboard? Can you suggest any nicer looking case because I wouldn't mind spend like £10-20 more for a case. Thanks for the help man. Really appreciate it.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Does this build support crossfire and will I be able to upgrade the gpu and cpu to a higher tier without replacing the motherboard? Can you suggest any nicer looking case because I wouldn't mind spend like £10-20 more for a case. Thanks for the help man. Really appreciate it.
No xfire on that motherboard. You will have to pay a lot more to do that. You can. Upgrade your gpu just fine down the line. Here is a nicer looking case. Let me know if it is too much
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-cas340wb1

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Pfy9D3
Add an SSD asap and grab a cheap mouse. Might want to add a cheap cooler at some point for aesthetics.
or this;
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/QxHQHx
has an SSD and mouse but older architecture, 4460 will still be fine. Both have XFire support but you'll likely need a decent 600W+ PSU for 2x380's. Again, will probably want to add a decent cooler at some point for aesthetics.

Absim

Absim

One Take
Reaction score
Sin$
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Pfy9D3
Add an SSD asap and grab a cheap mouse. Might want to add a cheap cooler at some point for aesthetics.
or this;
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/QxHQHx
has an SSD and mouse but older architecture, 4460 will still be fine. Both have XFire support but you'll likely need a decent 600W+ PSU for 2x380's. Again, will probably want to add a decent cooler at some point for aesthetics.
The problem is that it falls over the budget. I need to buy a wifi card adapter or something similar to that which makes it over £600. Can I just buy the gpu a bit later and just rely on the integrated graphics until I get extra cash? I mean I need urgently for my uni studies. Would I be able to do light gaming with just that? Can I also change the case to fractal design R5 since I'm really fond of the design. Appreciate the help man. Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register