Solved Nandpro Help

• Thread starter gottuhaveit
  • Start date
  • Views 3,564
G

gottuhaveit

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok this is my first jtag and I have a xenon mobo. I know all my wires are soldered correctly except the ground and I cannot solder it to either of the 2 designated ground points so first I wanted to know if someone could tell me or show me with a pic if there are some alternate ground points I can use with the xenon. I am using usb nand reader and once I have everything hooked up and the proper command typed in dos I hit enter and it says cannot find flash controller cannot continue. Now I needed to know if this can be caused by a bad ground point and if yes then that might be where I am going wrong. I will add a couple of pics to show where I grounded at. It is to the top right of j2b1 and the bottom left of a number 3 in a square. I sure would appreciate some help to get over this last hurdle and thanks guys.
SANY0831.jpg

SANY0834.jpg

SANY0835.jpg

G

gottuhaveit

Reaction score
Sin$
Reupload pics.

I trashed those pics they were not to good so I took some more. Anyway since I posted I went back and resoldered every wire and even soldered the ground wire to point 12 beside wires 5 and 6 and still no joy at all. So now I have everything soldered in correctly and no doubt but it could be one other thing. I am not real good with dos so maybe that is the reason. I might not be getting the command correct. Nandpro is in the root of C drive and here is what I am inserting in the dos window: C:\users\daddios> C:\Nandpro|Nandpro.exe usb: -r16 dump01.bin and as I said when I hit enter it says that it cannot detect flash control cannot continue. I am also going to put the links here for where I got the usb nand wiring diagram and the jtag wiring diagram. Man I sure hope someone can help out of this ditch. I been in here for 2 days pulling my hair out and now I am almost bald. LOL Here are the diagram sites: http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-152/__how_to_do_the_jtag_hack_dump_nand_xell_tutorial_-823187/ http://www.kipper2k.com/usbflash.html Thanks guys for any help at all with this dog.
SANY0888.jpg

SANY0889.jpg

SANY0890.jpg

SANY0891.jpg

SANY0893.jpg

G

gottuhaveit

Reaction score
Sin$
Wow am I a dumb *** or what. I had one of the wires 1 and 2 soldered reversed. Anyway I have everything correct and now I have an issue with dos. When I type in nandpro it says that the command is not recognized as and internal or external command. I have the folder nandpro in the root of C drive and here is what my command looks like:

C:\>nandpro and from what I understand it is suppose to bring up the version and the commmands available and it is not happening. I believe this has been my issue from the start. Thanks guys

G

gottuhaveit

Reaction score
Sin$
Wow am I a dumb *** or what. I had one of the wires 1 and 2 soldered reversed. Anyway I have everything correct and now I have an issue with dos. When I type in nandpro it says that the command is not recognized as and internal or external command. I have the folder nandpro in the root of C drive and here is what my command looks like:

C:\>nandpro and from what I understand it is suppose to bring up the version and the commmands available and it is not happening. I believe this has been my issue from the start. Thanks guys

Well just to let you guys know I switched the wires and still had the exact same results as if the wires had nothing to do with it. I am most sure now that the chip in the usb nand reader is shot so I just received another one today and I am just about to find out. I will update information.

M

mackemsrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

You have your nandpro folder on your c: drive, but the command you typed is looking on the root of the drive not in the folder it's in. Type cd nandpro press enter and it will show c:\nandpro> then type nandpro usb: -r16 orig.bin if it comes up no device found the drivers aren't installed properly,and if it comes up no flash controller found it's the wiring

G

gottuhaveit

Reaction score
Sin$
I appreciate your help with that matter but it did not matter anyway. I have 2 computers and I now have 2 nand readers. I thought the first reader was no good because I kept getting the error cannot detect flash drive and I checked it on my other computer and it did the exact same thing. I then purchased another nand reader thinking the first one was bad like I said. Wow I almost crapped my pants when I got the same damn error as I did with the first nand reader. After over a week of busting my but trying to figure out why it could not find the flash controller I have come to the conclusion that it is my windows 7 that is the problem. Both of my computers have windows 7 ultimate on them and they both gave me the same error and this is the very last possible option that can be causing this issue because myself and the gentleman who builds one of the nand readers I purchase explored every single avenue possible except for the OS that I have. I am now installing Windows XP on another hard drive and will soon see if this is indeed the issue. I never even thought about the OS until I tried with the second nand reader. I can flash a drive with no problems at all and that is why I thought it would work. I will get back with you guys and let you know the outcome and thanks again for the help.

Oh and let me assure you that I am absolutely 100 percent positive that it is not the wiring for the simple fact that I have been soldering for many years and even though I knew my soldering was not the issue I soldered it many many many times with still the exact same result.

T

thwack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Try using NandPro 2.0 (not 2.0a, b, d or e) as later versions of NandPro does have some issues with different USB SPI r/w's.

G

gottuhaveit

Reaction score
Sin$
Try using NandPro 2.0 (not 2.0a, b, d or e) as later versions of NandPro does have some issues with different USB SPI r/w's.

well now I really never thought about that and where might I find the earlier 2.0 version of nandpro. Thank you very much for your reply.

Top Bottom
Login
Register