Solved Nand problems...

• Thread starter iGotTheSmores
  • Start date
  • Views 415
I

iGotTheSmores

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, I am having massive troubles trying to get two identical Nand dumps.

Heres the lowdown, I checked all my connections, none touching, proper location.
Diode soldered straight to the board, Resistors in the LPT end. Cord length probably a total 7 inches. I installed Portio etc. No problems with Nandpro connecting and initiate dump, no errors. But I've dumped it at least 12 times none being identical, I seen a drop from 30 differences to 12 and 13. Compared using Total Commander as suggested by Ecilpsez Mods guide. LPT mode set as PS/2 Mode, with searching I believe they operate exactly the same as SPP. Only LPT modes my bios shows are AT,PS/2, EPP, ECP.

Been trying to dump my nand for 2 days, still can't figure out why I am not getting any matching dumps.

Also to note, For my points I used RJ45 wire, and I used the lengths of post cut from the resistors and Diodes to solder the wires to and then to the points. Not sure if That is effecting it.

Any insight would be helpful,
-Thanks

*** Got it working, was the LPT mode PS/2 wasn't working. swapped comps with LPT mode Bi-directional, works now. Mod shall delete/close please.

M

MadLittleMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havent jtaged before but...

I am assuming you made your cable...

Is your ethernet cable crossover stuff?? - I am not sure if it would even dump but if it is then you have a problem. Just need normal stuff

Do you have cold solder joints at all? (dull color)

I

iGotTheSmores

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the only reply ^-^. Yeah I made my cable, not crossover, nor the coupler. All my points are good, no cold solder joints. I actually figured out what was wrong, On my one comp it only had PS/2 (Basically SPP), ECP, EPP. PS/2 mode wasn't cutting it, used other old comp that had Bi-directional (SPP). Which worked out, Cept getting these E79 errors, possibly an hiccup during flashing.

F

fatcashews

Reaction score
Everytime I try to run Nandpro I receive an error message "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001d)" Tried running on 3 different pcs so far. Am I overlooking something simple. Installed portio, using xp. Does this just mean I have my lpt set up incorrectly in the bios? I have no idea what is up with this error.

Top Bottom