NAND dump trouble

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by A E I 0wnz U, Feb 5, 2010 with 6 replies and 410 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A E I 0wnz U

A E I 0wnz U Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Trying to jtag one of my xbox's that's lying around. It's a 6561 xenon, everything is soldered on and when in plugg the lpt into my computer I get good reads and no errors.
    After it says:
    reading
    03FF

I go to c drive an nandpro folder but I can't find my reads? I named it orig.bin. Backup.bin NANddump.bin and there's nothing here.

Does anyone know what's going on?

[​IMG]

the error is because I didn't have my lpt cable plugged in.

[​IMG]

2. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Go into the folder options and tell it to show hidden files. Maybe its hidding them for some reason. If not then search your computer for the files and see where its saving them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    A E I 0wnz U

A E I 0wnz U Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Found them in my documents.

Thanks.

Who woulda knew

4. Come Shot Mcgee

Come Shot Mcgee Jets Over Everything

Ratings:
  5. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Its probably because of the path that the command prompt was using. Here is a tool that I use with XP since it doesn't have it integrated like Vista and Windows 7 do.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/CmdHerePowertoySetup.exe

Just right click on a folder and you are able to open the command prompt in that folder. So instead of the whole c:documents...... it will just be c:\nandpro.... and it will save in the nandpro folder.

Since it opens in that folder all you would have to is type "nandpro lpt: -r..." and it will automatically run nandpro and dump it in that folder.

6. iGotTheSmores

iGotTheSmores Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Had trouble with finding mine too, just throw the command in RUN and let it go away, instead of going through the cmd prompt. Thats the only way I got mine to save the dumps.

7. OP
    A E I 0wnz U

A E I 0wnz U Enthusiast

Ratings:
    New problem:

unable to open virtual nand device: xbr.bin.

This happened after I extracted the kv and tried to write it to my hack fw. Any ideas?