What's new

NAND Back Up Question!!!

B

Birkan

Reaction score
Sin$
Merry Christmas to you all.

I would like to ask a simple question in regards to Wii NAND Back Up.

Apologies if I have posted in the wrong section or mention anything I should'nt!

As this is a Wii MODDING section, I feel what I need to ask is ok, but please correct me otherwise!

I have a softmodded Wii, which I have had for quite sometime, touch wood nothing has ever gone wrong. Thanks to the wonderful program HackMii & ModMii, I followed the instructions carefully & presto.

I obviously created a NAND Back Up, prior to installing all cIOS etc etc (using ModMii). Stored the KEY & BIN files to my PC as stated, just in case of any problems later on.

My girlfriend decided to install a fresh copy of Windows 7 on her PC, & forgot to copy my KEY & BIN files to a safe place! (WOMEN!!!)

My question is this: Can I now go ahead & create another NAND Back Up of my fully Modded Wii with all the cIOS etc etc? Will this new NAND work, if there was a problem later on?

All I have on the actual Wii is,Homebrew Channel, the cIOS;s from ModMii, Prill Loader (as stated in ModMii), DIOS MIOS 2.10 (not lite) & 2 WiiWare Wads on the HOME Screen. (Everything else is stored on SD Card, such as USB Loader GX, & other apps such as WAD Manager 1.7, SNES Emulator etc.)

If I was to make a NAND Back Up & one day copy the NAND back on to the Wii, will all the above be installed?

Or do I need to start from fresh again, back to a VIRGIN Wii & use HackMii again & make a NAND Back Up prior to using ModMii?

Thank you in advance for reading & any answers you can provide.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Merry Christmas.

Top Bottom
Login
Register