What's new

Question My xbox one will make a ticking sound and not power on most of the time

• Thread starter jay turns
  • Start date
  • Views 11,332
jay turns

jay turns

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran Bright Idea Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
My xbox wont power on and makes a ticking sound every second. As it ticks the light on the psu flashes of for a fraction of a second. A few times if i gently pushed down on the corner where the psu is plugged in it would power up and would be fine until i unplug it. Now its getting even worse and i can get it to startup at all.

Any one have this happen and fix it? I am not afraid to take it apart and solder something if its not too small for my shaky hands if its a loose connection or somewhere like i am guessing, but id really like to figure this out.

W

WWE

Retired
Retired
Trifecta Mr. Nice Guy Community Spotlight
Reaction score
Sin$
My xbox wont power on and makes a ticking sound every second. As it ticks the light on the psu flashes of for a fraction of a second. A few times if i gently pushed down on the corner where the psu is plugged in it would power up and would be fine until i unplug it. Now its getting even worse and i can get it to startup at all.

Any one have this happen and fix it? I am not afraid to take it apart and solder something if its not too small for my shaky hands if its a loose connection or somewhere like i am guessing, but id really like to figure this out.
Have you tried a new power brick?

barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
personal experience, not the PSU. its the console. the ticking noise you hear is the fan turning on then off. does the PSU blink 3 times? might be a bad connection with the board and the power input. is this console made in 2015 any chance? mine did that and look at my board from my post above this. in the middle of fixxing M$'s sloppy paste job.

A

allergy_boy

Reaction score
Sin$
Last edited:
BelgerST

BelgerST

Reaction score
Sin$
I have this problem, took the Xbox one apart and can see the fan nudge round every second and power brick flashes orange. I know for a fact that the power brick is fine as tried it on my friends Xbox. Was thinking maybe bad capacitors so changed a few but no luck. When testing the board I found a voltage from a component that seems to pulse up and down in time with the fan. Has anyone fixed this ? Thanks

Top Bottom
Login
Register