What's new

Solved My Xbox just lost sound but picture is still there.

• Thread starter -LunchBoxMoe-
  • Start date
  • Views 3,380
-LunchBoxMoe-

-LunchBoxMoe-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was play MW2 then all of a sudden I lost sound but I could still play cause I didn't lose picture.
Anyone happen to know what's wrong?

*playing

Prodigy

Prodigy

♥ Selena Gomez ♥
Hardened Veteran Grammar Nazi Glitcher
Reaction score
Sin$
I was play MW2 then all of a sudden I lost sound but I could still play cause I didn't lose picture.

*playing
Check to see if the chord in the back for the volume came loose or is unplugged. If its plugged in then check to see if the TV is turned up. :tongue:

VATS

VATS

Vault 101
Reaction score
Sin$

This is sort of a "no brainer", but have you checked your audio cables to make sure that they are still connected tightly? Make sure that there isn't any dust/dirt in the audio jack. :biggrin:

-LunchBoxMoe-

-LunchBoxMoe-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Everything is plugged in!

Anyone know where the HANA/ANA Chip is located? I will open my xbox up and check it out.

rich12313

rich12313

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone know where the HANA/ANA Chip is located? I will open my xbox up and check it out.

CIMG2753.jpg

*not my picture i just grabbed it from a page i had bookmarked

O

OxG KUSH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if you have a friend with a xbox try using his cord if that works then buy new cord if not its prob the chip thing

-LunchBoxMoe-

-LunchBoxMoe-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if you have a friend with a xbox try using his cord if that works then buy new cord if not its prob the chip thing
I have been using a slim AV Cord cause my bro jacked my HD component cable and I jacked it back and I have been using it for like 2 weeks but it was working for him and its the original cord that came with my xbox.

rich12313

rich12313

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Would that have to be done professionally?

Yea, unless you happen to have a reflow station. Dont try to use a heatgun, that stuff never turns out right. I would check the services section for trusted people.

All of this would be done after everything else is tried of course, no need to reflow if thats not the actual problem haha

-LunchBoxMoe-

-LunchBoxMoe-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im looking at the HANA Chip right now and I don't see anything wrong with it.
I don't wanna take the xclamps off cause I don't wanna chance it of getting RROD cause it has a Falcon Mobo in it.

I will talk with someone trusted either here on 7s or on TTG.
I will most likely send it to nitz0 if thats the case.

rich12313

rich12313

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You could try and put a little pressure on the chip with your finger and boot to see if sound will return. Just dont push too hard or anything.

By pushing down on it, it might make better contact with the board.

-LunchBoxMoe-

-LunchBoxMoe-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You could try and put a little pressure on the chip with your finger and boot to see if sound will return. Just dont push too hard or anything.

By pushing down on it, it might make better contact with the board.
I will try and wont I get an error cause the DVD Drive has to be disconnected for me to get to the chip.

Top Bottom
Login
Register