What's new

Solved My Xbox 360 wont turn on (RGH) (fixed)

• Thread starter G_ecko
  • Start date
  • Views 6,486
G_ecko

G_ecko

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I had just installed the ace v3 chip and soldered all the wires and such my console is a Corona v4 (4 gb nand). I plugged in the face plate to press the button to turn it on. It was plugged in the light on my SD tool and ace v3 chip are on but the console wont turn on. The light on the Xbox button wont turn on also when I press it. I can provide images of my soldering. If needed I can buy a play and charge cable too because I heard that's another way to turn it on.

fNejcT3.jpg

hcZwX51.jpg

kVvdkEs.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
G_ecko
Might be best to walk away from it for a while, have a think about what else you could try and then come back to it. Just remember to keep your nand dumps safe.

You can try writing the stock nand back and seeing if it will boot.
You could also post your J-runner log as there might be some clues there, but it's more likely that it's an issue with the wiring.
Well I fixed the issue recently it was 2 issues crystal and my horrible soldering. It works fine now.
Nvia33771

Nvia33771

Reaction score
Sin$
Some pictures of the wiring, nand points and post out adapter would be helpful.

What kind of SD tool are you using ? I use a home made one which means I need to de-solder it each time I need to turn on the console. There's a few other things you can try:

1. Double check your wiring and ensure everything is going to the correct point.
2. Power on using a synced controller or by shorting the pins on the RF board, at least that way you know it's not the face plate.
3. Re-write the stock nand and see if it boots.

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

I'm not dead, Just deployed
Super Moderators
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Depending on the tool used (IE weekend modders or homemade ones like posted above) you will need to desolder the crystal wire or the entire nand tool. Personally I prefer homemade ones as I know exactly which wire is which but not everyone wants to buy the parts needed.

The pictures will help diagnose better though.

G_ecko

G_ecko

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I will try re-writing the stock nand. Unless it's because of my sloppy soldering on the points that I have to bridge.

Last edited:
Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Desolder your nand reader and try and boot.

Also, you have way too much exposed wire there, try and make it look like this.

SFuaajQ.png

G_ecko

G_ecko

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Some pictures of the wiring, nand points and post out adapter would be helpful.

What kind of SD tool are you using ? I use a home made one which means I need to de-solder it each time I need to turn on the console. There's a few other things you can try:

1. Double check your wiring and ensure everything is going to the correct point.
2. Power on using a synced controller or by shorting the pins on the RF board, at least that way you know it's not the face plate.
3. Re-write the stock nand and see if it boots.
Well **** now my nand wont pop up.
Post automatically merged:

Desolder your nand reader and try and boot.

Also, you have way too much exposed wire there, try and make it look like this.

SFuaajQ.png
Alright. EDIT: Just desoldered my nand reader. And tried booting my console still nothing.

lIaMJQb.jpg

I took off the heat sink and maybe something wrong here? I know I put too much thermal paste I'm going to clean it up a bit.
Qpp7RZP.jpg

Last edited:
Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
There may be your problem, you are shorting caps with the postfix. With those shorted, I am hoping that the xgcpu isn't shorted and damaged.

ZlikCxg.jpg

G_ecko

G_ecko

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
There may be your problem, you are shorting caps with the postfix. With those shorted, I am hoping that the xgcpu isn't shorted and damaged.

ZlikCxg.jpg
I will try fixing it after I eat my dinner.

ZlikCxg.jpg
Still not working I'm just going to give up.

Last edited:
Nvia33771

Nvia33771

Reaction score
Sin$
Might be best to walk away from it for a while, have a think about what else you could try and then come back to it. Just remember to keep your nand dumps safe.

You could also post your J-runner log as there might be some clues there, but it's more likely that it's an issue with the wiring.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I will try fixing it after I eat my dinner.

Still not working I'm just going to give up.
Hi,

I had the exact same issues when using postfix adapters in the past, sometimes it does this, sometimes it'll boot but not post.
Unfortunately as above you did short the points pictured together, and this can cause permanent damage *but* only if the console attempts to turn on at all.

My advice would be to clean everything up and start over, There's a lot of dust on the board and soldering around this can cause some very unstable connections.

Try flashing the stock nand back to the console, and remove your chip and the post fix, make sure all the connection points are clean, and not bridged with old solder, try to boot. If you're still getting absolutely no life, the board is a goner. If it still doesn't boot, it's possibly a bad NAND/bridged joint issue and you'll have to rebuild from a donor and your CPU key (I have spare blank nands and a guide if you need it), you should still hear the ping from the power button when you try to turn it on. if not, it's dead, Jim.

G_ecko

G_ecko

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

Well I fixed the issue recently it was 2 issues crystal and my horrible soldering. It works fine now.

Solution
xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Sometimes things make more sense after a break, I've had trouble no end of times with my RGH builds and a day later it's been clear as day it was a wire!

Top Bottom
Login
Register