What's new

Solved My Xbox 360 won't turn on! Check out my MoBo...

• Thread starter vX Fatality Xv
  • Start date
  • Views 722
vX Fatality Xv

vX Fatality Xv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, I accidentally scratched my motherboard and would like to know if this can easily be repaired. When I turn this 360 on, it instantly gets the 3 RROD and no power goes to anything else except the RF board. (never had this problem before) Do they manufacture copper solder? That may help, but i'm not sure...

Mobo1.jpg

Mobo2.jpg

Mobo3.jpg

Afflicted

Afflicted

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
try putting a plastic washer down first. you didn't scrape any traces and all you did was scrape off the protective covering on the board. let me know if this works.

Is this just a rrod fix or did you jtag? make sure you didn't drip any solder on your board on accident. I bought one off ebay that this happend to and they had a splatter of solder on the ana chip. little desoldering braid and flux brought it back to life quick.

vX Fatality Xv

vX Fatality Xv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I ordered a bulk repair kit (200 metal washers, 100 screws, and 200 nylon washers) and it should be here Tuesday. Those scratches were created by me because I tried to do the x-clamp fix without the nylon washers.

When I power the console on (without heatsinks), the yellow led on the power brick quickly flashes red and goes back yellow. The fans don't turn on, and no heat is generated. The 3 RROD results...

B

BobMcDonald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's weak, I've done worse with my fingernail :biggrin: But seriously, that isn't causing the 360 to malfunction. Taking off resistors, cutting copper traces, or burning the board severely will cause problems. Check out what I did to my board:
6389e94ea3.jpg

Unfortunately mine doesn't work anymore because I took off some of the resistors. Luckily you didn't do quite as badly as I did :smile:

vX Fatality Xv

vX Fatality Xv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I suppose I'll look over my motherboard very carefully to see if anything ripped off in other areas. My scratch digs down a little, but is not noticeable on the pictures I posted.

Lagoria

Lagoria

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what did you say your power brick did??? my xbox got the RROD and i ended up sending it in for a fix. it came back two weeks later, still not working. what im trying to get at is it does'nt look like you did any major damage. your power brick could be the problem. mine died and it resulted in the RROD with no heat generated, just like yours. try replacing your power brick. when i did my xbox worked just like new.

Top Bottom
Login
Register