What's new

Solved My Xbox 360 RGH (Slim) wont read any discs

X

xTugy

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi all,
My xbox 360 wont read any game discs i put into it. i don't know whether this is something to do with the RGH or if it's the disk drive itself. I'm baffled, and fixes online aren't useful because I'm cautious of bricking my console.
Someone please help.

Also when I try to "Copy DVD" on XEX menu, it only comes up with 4 things that are 13mb in size.
These are:

$SystemUpdate
AUDIO_TS
VIDEO_TS
default.XEX

Another thing to note is when I try launch the game, it disconnects me from xbox live, then reconnects me and sends me back to the dashboard.

(I'm on 17526 if anyone is concerned with that)

Thanks for reading.

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Did it work before?
Did you do something to make it not work?
Perhaps replace the KV inside your nand?

X

xTugy

Reaction score
Sin$
Did it work before?
Did you do something to make it not work?
Perhaps replace the KV inside your nand?
It worked when I got it, copied MW2 and BO2 to my HDD. Played that for couple months (KV replaced 3 times)

I’m still quite new to my RGH and still don’t understand anything about dvd keys and nands, I just go off of videos on YouTube and it’s worked for me so far.
Thanks for the reply!

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It worked when I got it, copied MW2 and BO2 to my HDD. Played that for couple months (KV replaced 3 times)

I’m still quite new to my RGH and still don’t understand anything about dvd keys and nands, I just go off of videos on YouTube and it’s worked for me so far.
Thanks for the reply!
What way of replacing your KV have you used?
What are the steps you've taken to replace your KV?

X

xTugy

Reaction score
Sin$
What way of replacing your KV have you used?
What are the steps you've taken to replace your KV?
I bought the KV online, put it on my desktop, turned on Xbox and left it on dashboard. Then I opened Xbox neighbourhood and replaced the KV and CPU key on the root of the Harddrive. Then I rebooted my Xbox from the neighbourhood... and then it got unbanned and I was able to go online.

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought the KV online, put it on my desktop, turned on Xbox and left it on dashboard. Then I opened Xbox neighbourhood and replaced the KV and CPU key on the root of the Harddrive. Then I rebooted my Xbox from the neighbourhood... and then it got unbanned and I was able to go online.
The KV replacing sounds just fine, you didn't do the mistake I was thinking of.
Can you think of anything else you've done with the console, that could've caused this?
Also, what exactly does the console say when you try to play a game disc?

X

xTugy

Reaction score
Sin$
Can you think of anything else you've done with the console, that could've caused this?
If it says ‘play dvd’ it opens and has the 360 logo on it. If it says ‘play game’ with no game picture, it black screens, disconnects me from Xbox live and dashboards.
If I click x (game details) it comes up with a game installed on the Xbox already (in this case that game is battle block theatre.

I can’t think of anything I did to screw this up except for when I updated the Xbox to dash 17526 where I was required to download the avatar update, and the update itself. Maybe that could’ve done something I didn’t want it to?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Easy way to check woukd be to save the current updflash somewhere safe and write back 17511 and see if drive is working. How did u build your new 17526 image?
. I don't think it's a mismatched key cause usually u woukd see play DVD rather than game in that case .

X

xTugy

Reaction score
Sin$
Easy way to check woukd be to save the current updflash somewhere safe and write back 17511 and see if drive is working. How did u build your new 17526 image?
. I don't think it's a mismatched key cause usually u woukd see play DVD rather than game in that case .
I’m going to be honest with you and say that personally I didn’t understand that because I’m so inexperienced.
Tell me if I’m wrong, but what I guess you’re saying is to change the dashboard back to 17511 and see if it works then, but I think I recall seeing this before-hand.

What’s strange about this (to me at least) is that when I put in a game not installed to XEX menu (e.g MW3), it says ‘play game’ but as said before it doesn’t open/disconects me and dashboards me. When I put in a game that is installed to it (mw2), it will do the play dvd.

Again I have no clue if this has an effect on it.

I followed a tutorial on how to do it with a couple things in my computer and using a home brew app. I had to type out a key (I think CPU) that was found on dashlaunch. That’s all I remember from it anyway.

Really appreciating the help

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well at this point best thing would be to have someone read out the keys from your drive and compare to the nand to start diagnosing.
But yeah I'm saying if your thinking it worked b4 u rgh'd the console I would simply flash back your old image to check .
There's quite a few possibilities of what happened.

Top Bottom
Login
Register