• Views 141
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paragon

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Reaction score
I think it may be corrupted. Here's the story:

I torrented a movie and thought I'd put it on my SD card to watch on my phone if I ever wanted to. I placed the video file in the SD card, pulled it out of my computer, and put it back in my phone, only to find that the movie wouldn't play. I put the SD card back in my computer and this time, put the two other files that were in the torrent on it. Pulled it out of my computer, put it in my phone, and it wouldn't even recognize that the card was there. I couldn't play music, watch any other videos I had on the SD, anything. So I put the SD card back in my computer again, and it wouldn't recognize it either. The question is, could the other two files I put on the SD have corrupted it, or could there have been another cause for all this?

H

Haru

The Wise Wolf
Reaction score
The files which you copied to it could not have caused the corruption, however removing the SD card without first ejecting it could conceivably have been responsible if write caching was enabled.

You can reformat the SD card from Disk Management by right-clicking "Computer" in the start menu and choosing "Manage".

P

Paragon

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Reaction score
The files which you copied to it could not have caused the corruption, however removing the SD card without first ejecting it could conceivably have been responsible if write caching was enabled.

You can reformat the SD card from Disk Management by right-clicking "Computer" in the start menu and choosing "Manage".
My computer tells me I don't have to eject it because it's optimized to allow me to just pull it out, rather than optimized for performance, or something like that.

But, my phone decided it would detect my SD, so I was able to reformat it from there. Now I just have to put everything back on it...

H

Haru

The Wise Wolf
Reaction score
My computer tells me I don't have to eject it because it's optimized to allow me to just pull it out, rather than optimized for performance, or something like that.
Yes, that means write caching was disabled and would not have been the cause. In any case, glad you got it sorted out. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom