Sin$
Components
Case: HAF X
Motherboard: CrossHair V
Processor: Bulldozer
GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6970s
RAM: 8GB Vengence
Power Supply: 850Watt Modular
Hard Drive: 120GB SSD (Boot and frequent programs) and 1TB Barracuda from my last build

Cooling:
360MM Black Ice Radiator
2x EK Radeon 6970
Used Pump res combo From My last build
CPU BLOCK

Accessorys
Razer Black Widow Ultimate
Logitech G700
3x Acer 21.5
Harmon/Kardon Speakers

Thanks for reading I linked to where I bought all of the parts for those interested
I'll upload pictures later.

W

Wub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I do have to say... pretty good if you're a fan of AMD that is. Personally, I would have gotten an Intel Coire i7-2600K processor and SLI two Nvidia GTX 580's ... but whatever. Only three things I can really say is you may want to get a better power supply, upgrade to 16GB of RAM, and why not three 24" monitors? Just wondering, how much did this one cost you?

O

omgipown

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes I'm a fan of AMD. I overclocked my bulldozer to 4.2gz. For your first question I picked the Radeon 6970s because they are a lot cheaper than 580s and I prefer AMD's Eyefinity over Nivida's Surround. The powersupply is fine for my needs and its near silent. and 24' monitors are too big for my taste. I prefer the 21.5 inch ones (They were also on sale for $120 each at the time of purchase). The entire rig was only like 2600 counting the screens.

O

omgipown

Reaction score
Sin$
because I'm not an intel fan boy and I work with maya, 3ds Max, and Adobe After effects so I need actual processing power not some ****** overpriced 4 core chip.

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
because I'm not an intel fan boy and I work with maya, 3ds Max, and Adobe After effects so I need actual processing power not some ****** overpriced 4 core chip.
lol wtf did you just say... a intel i7 outperforms any the 8 core bulldozer, bulldozer might be cheaper and have more cores but it can't use the cores like a i7 its actually kind of sad when 4 cores can outdo 8 cores... and if you want real processing power get a socket 2011 intel processor those take big s***s on any other processor atm.

edit: before you call me a lier even an i5 2400k usually outperforms a bulldozer its just pathetic amd released them as 8 cores when they run worse then intels quad cores.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HNSwWKIuBY

run632

run187-

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah whatever guy .ill stick my i7 2600 none k at the same speed as your,s we will see which one has more power .
I would of waited for 2011 if you want power ,it is not about being a "fanboy" it is about what chip is better and the intel just is at present .even amd users tell people to buy intel ..

O

omgipown

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah whatever guy .ill stick my i7 2600 none k at the same speed as your,s we will see which one has more power .
I would of waited for 2011 if you want power ,it is not about being a "fanboy" it is about what chip is better and the intel just is at present .even amd users tell people to buy intel ..
Intel has a better clock rate to performance ratio but the bulldozer is still better for a work station setting.

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Intel has a better clock rate to performance ratio but the bulldozer is still better for a work station setting.

How can you possibly say this when almost all benchmarks and test prove the Sandy Bridge Series easily outperform better?

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
How can you possibly say this when almost all benchmarks and test prove the Sandy Bridge Series easily outperform better?

....or even the past AMD processors perform better then the bulldozer series.

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
....or even the past AMD processors perform better then the bulldozer series.

Haha I was thinking the same thing. The older AMD processors was actually good CPU's, but AMD is behind a year in CPU tech. It's rumored though that AMD might be done with making CPU's. I seen on motherboards.org youtube channel he mentioned a quote from them that they might be "hanging up their shoes," with CPU's.

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Haha I was thinking the same thing. The older AMD processors was actually good CPU's, but AMD is behind a year in CPU tech. It's rumored though that AMD might be done with making CPU's. I seen on motherboards.org youtube channel he mentioned a quote from them that they might be "hanging up their shoes," with CPU's.

I heard the same thing. I've read various articles where they said they are going mobile now.

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I heard the same thing. I've read various articles where they said they are going mobile now.

If so, I'm willing to bet Nvidia will be trying to take their place in the CPU market. Someone HAS to give Intel competition, and Nvidia has the money, and will. AMD just didn't have the money like Intel does. AMD is running their own profits into the ground with being behind in tech by about a year.

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
ARM is the future for laptops, desktops are going to start getting 3d (shape not movies/games) processors thow so :/ no point in arm

Top Bottom
Login
Register