What's new

Solved My RGH won't boot into xbox, turns on and green lights flashes but nothing loads

S

Sirsyorrz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Like title states, my rgh that I haven't used in a while turns on has the green flashing light and can connect my controller to it, but nothing shows on screen.

I pulled the hdd down and swapped it with another 1 I had, the first 1 I pulled out I plugged into my PC and it said it had nothing on it so i formatted it, still didn't work. Have tried to start the rgh with the disk tray opening didnt work either, im kinda a newbie at this stuff and havent used this rgh in a year or so, just not sure what to do at this point.

Thank you for any help

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
So it turns on just fine? But you can't see anything?
Make sure you cables and the input on your TV/monitor are all good.

S

Sirsyorrz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
S

Sirsyorrz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess the options here are that it doesn't boot, or that it does but you wont get picture on your monitor.
So does it get to the ring of light? You know what I'm talking about(?)

Yeah, it has the front green light as well inside the 360 it has the red light and the flashing green light every 5ish seconds

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, it has the front green light as well inside the 360 it has the red light and the flashing green light every 5ish seconds
Ahh, so it doesn't get to the ring of light.
It just tries to boot. The light you see turn to green every few seconds indicates the console trying to boot.
If you leave it trying to boot for even up to multiple minutes, does the light inside stop turning into green? (Does the console stop trying to boot?)

S

Sirsyorrz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ahh, so it doesn't get to the ring of light.
It just tries to boot. The light you see turn to green every few seconds indicates the console trying to boot.
If you leave it trying to boot for even up to multiple minutes, does the light inside stop turning into green? (Does the console stop trying to boot?)
I left it on overnight and the light is still flashing, so it's still trying to boot, still got not idea what to do

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I left it on overnight and the light is still flashing, so it's still trying to boot, still got not idea what to do
Yeah, well that long it should not take :'-D
But yeah, I'm not experienced with that stuff, so don't know why it doesn't boot.
Maybe e.g. Noobert or HuskerHeaven or Killjoy666 Killjoy666 or someone else could know.

Rodent Modz

Rodent Modz

Jtags/RGHs customized consoles
Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It’s bricked. Should of booted meaning bad flash or you flashed a new kv wrong last time you turned it on.

What I would do to make sure it’s not I would try connecting to tv leave the console unplugged for 10 minutes then hook to the tv and then plug power and turn it on. I have had customers who had to use different TVs cause they had the same issues. Idk why this is but for some reason. They had issues

S

Sirsyorrz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It’s bricked. Should of booted meaning bad flash or you flashed a new kv wrong last time you turned it on.

What I would do to make sure it’s not I would try connecting to tv leave the console unplugged for 10 minutes then hook to the tv and then plug power and turn it on. I have had customers who had to use different TVs cause they had the same issues. Idk why this is but for some reason. They had issues
alright I'll give that a try tomorrow when I get home and let you know if it worked or not, if it doesn't work what would be the next steps?

Rodent Modz

Rodent Modz

Jtags/RGHs customized consoles
Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

alright I'll give that a try tomorrow when I get home and let you know if it worked or not, if it doesn't work what would be the next steps?
If bricked then someone would have to manually reflash the console and if you do not have the nands then I would have to build nand from scratch. And extract the dvd key to match the dvd key to the nand

Top Bottom
Login
Register