• Thread starter FUBAR_is_me
  • Start date
  • Views 551
FUBAR_is_me

FUBAR_is_me

We have just lost cabin pressure.
Reaction score
Sin$
WTF. I got this PS3 from my friend for free because he thought it was completely broken. I was able to get it running (power cable was messed up) but it won't read discs. I am ok with this but I just wanted to see if there was a quick fix. I have a **** ton of discs and can't play them. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Wolf

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Sinner 7th Anniversary Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
underneath the blu ray drive is a ribbon, make sure thats connected. same thing happened to me its a pain to get back in because of all the small ribbons in the back.

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
WTF. I got this PS3 from my friend for free because he thought it was completely broken. I was able to get it running (power cable was messed up) but it won't read discs. I am ok with this but I just wanted to see if there was a quick fix. I have a **** ton of discs and can't play them. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

If it is not the ribbon cables as Wolf Wolf said, then it is either the blu ray circuit board or the blu ray lazer which both can be easily replaced or you can just buy an unlocked blu ray drive for the PS3 off of eBay and BOOM! you are back in business and able to play discs :wink:

Side note: You will need a T-8 Security Torx screwdriver to get the 3-4 black security screws out.

FUBAR_is_me

FUBAR_is_me

We have just lost cabin pressure.
Reaction score
Sin$
If it is not the ribbon cables as Wolf Wolf said, then it is either the blu ray circuit board or the blu ray lazer which both can be easily replaced or you can just buy an unlocked blu ray drive for the PS3 off of eBay and BOOM! you are back in business and able to play discs :wink:

Side note: You will need a T-8 Security Torx screwdriver to get the 3-4 black security screws out.
Sweet thanks a lot!

Top Bottom
Login
Register