What's new

My phone is ****ed

B

Biggarantuan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a iPhone 4 (not sure if it's a 4s) four years ago in my freshman study hall. When I bought it it was dead, so I brought it home and slapped it on a charger. Then it came up saying iPhone locked (like take to Apple Store locked). I didn't want to take it to them in case I bought a stolen phone. Put it in Recoverymode, tried to restore it... failed miserably. Went and got a failed to do whatever then it started to turn back on and went to the recovery logo (power cord to iTunes logo). So I tried to use tinyumbrella and force it out of that and made it worse... now it's been on a reboot loop for 4 years and I'm ready to jut eat the damn battery. Any time I try to restore it, it fails, restarts out of recoverymode, turns off, turn back to apple logo, turns off, then back to apple logo.... does this on an infinite loop until you hold the power button for it to be off again. I need help, if your smart enough to have a fix without me possibly going to the Apple Store please let me know

F

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
You definitely messed up the phone even more. But I mean **** happens. Either way you weren't getting passed that password. Phone is most likely nothing more then a brick. But I mean who cares anyways it's four years old lmfao.

S

Snowy

Let it snow
Reaction score
I bought a iPhone 4 (not sure if it's a 4s) four years ago in my freshman study hall. When I bought it it was dead, so I brought it home and slapped it on a charger. Then it came up saying iPhone locked (like take to Apple Store locked). I didn't want to take it to them in case I bought a stolen phone. Put it in Recoverymode, tried to restore it... failed miserably. Went and got a failed to do whatever then it started to turn back on and went to the recovery logo (power cord to iTunes logo). So I tried to use tinyumbrella and force it out of that and made it worse... now it's been on a reboot loop for 4 years and I'm ready to jut eat the damn battery. Any time I try to restore it, it fails, restarts out of recoverymode, turns off, turn back to apple logo, turns off, then back to apple logo.... does this on an infinite loop until you hold the power button for it to be off again. I need help, if your smart enough to have a fix without me possibly going to the Apple Store please let me know
If you have a linux/MacOS build try using something such as futurerestore to restore instead.
http://api.tihmstar.net/builds/futurerestore/futurerestore-latest.zip

L

LookBroZombies_XBL

Getting There
Reaction score
Are there any stores in your area that you can call/bring it to, maybe then can help? There are a lot of those "we fix phones" places around me, especially in the malls

T

TheBrix

#PCMasterRace
Reaction score
Are there any stores in your area that you can call/bring it to, maybe then can help? There are a lot of those "we fix phones" places around me, especially in the malls

I need help, if your smart enough to have a fix without me possibly going to the Apple Store please let me know

B

Biggarantuan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any possible ways of fixing this without being a computer scientist. I'm in Indiana if anyone could swing by a coffee shop and fix this

V

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Reaction score
Put it into DFU mode, connect it to iTunes, and then restore the phone as a new iPhone. If that doesn't work, it means the hardware is damaged (or its bricked like you initially theorized) and you need to take it to a store or get a new phone. If you take it to the store, I doubt they'll even say anything if its stolen, let alone do anything.

Top Bottom