n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

The Godfather
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Built this at the end of 2013, been running great with the exception of a faulty power supply.

Specs:

Still running the GTX 660TI like a champ, GTA V on ultra with no issues after some tweaking. Will possibly be my next upgrade but at the moment I can't see a reason as to why I'd need a better GFX card.

I overclocked the I7-4770K CPU to 4.0 GHz, PC runs close to 25 degrees celsius during idle, not sure what it's at during gaming but I did set all 5 fans to run at 100% after 40 degrees celsius. I had a tough time installing the Corsair H60 water cooling on this motherboard and I still think I did it incorrectly but it works so I'm not complaining.

I actually really like this ASUS Maximus VI HERO motherboard. A lot of the tricky hardware tweaking can be done easily from the BIOS. Also comes with a lot of tools that are pretty useful like the SSD eraser program that does it the right way without having to "Boot 'N Nuke" it like I've done before.

Picture:
dhVtK0P.jpg

Last edited:
KAOSxGaming

KAOSxGaming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Built this at the end of 2013, been running great with the exception of a faulty power supply.

Specs:
Still running the GTX 660TI like a champ, GTA IV on ultra with no issues after some tweaking. Will possibly be my next upgrade but at the moment I can't see a reason as to why I'd need a better GFX card.

I overclocked the I7-4770K CPU to 4.0 GHz, PC runs close to 25 degrees celsius during idle, not sure what it's at during gaming but I did set all 5 fans to run at 100% after 40 degrees celsius. I had a tough time installing the Corsair H60 water cooling on this motherboard and I still think I did it incorrectly but it works so I'm not complaining.

I actually really like this ASUS Maximus VI HERO motherboard. A lot of the tricky hardware tweaking can be done easily from the BIOS. Also comes with a lot of tools that are pretty useful like the SSD eraser program that does it the right way without having to "Boot 'N Nuke" it like I've done before.

Picture:

dhVtK0P.jpg
Looks pretty tight space in there but looks pretty good :wink:. And i heard the 4770k thermal was messed up it got hotter than the old 3770k.

n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

The Godfather
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks pretty tight space in there but looks pretty good :wink:. And i heard the 4770k thermal was messed up it got hotter than the old 3770k.

You think? I guess if I were running two GFX cards it would get a little crowded. I didn't think it was that bad for a mid-ATX though.

I'm not sure about the 4770k comment, if it's true that might explain why I had to reapply the arctic silver after a few months, haven't had to do it again until recently when I was troubleshooting the power supply.

KAOSxGaming

KAOSxGaming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You think? I guess if I were running two GFX cards it would get a little crowded. I didn't think it was that bad for a mid-ATX though.

I'm not sure about the 4770k comment, if it's true that might explain why I had to reapply the arctic silver after a few months, haven't had to do it again until recently when I was troubleshooting the power supply.
Yea i read it somewhere but this why people got the 4790k over the 4770k because it had a better thermal design aswell overclock alot more. Some people i know forgot there was even a 4770.

n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

The Godfather
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Very clean. I'm amazed you can run GTA at ultra.

There's about 100 different settings that you can modify, not everything is maxed out of course because the game restricted me from one setting, forget which one it was. The graphics in the game are ridiculous though.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice rig,

Your cooler looks more like a H80i. Does it have 2 fans or just the 1?

Also I see your RGB on it is 'pink-ish' (or white or might just be picture), I had that issue before and if you wanted to make it full red, then you need to set the values to 255, 1, 1 not 255, 0, 0.

n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

The Godfather
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice rig,

Your cooler looks more like a H80i. Does it have 2 fans or just the 1?

Also I see your RGB on it is 'pink-ish' (or white or might just be picture), I had that issue before and if you wanted to make it full red, then you need to set the values to 255, 1, 1 not 255, 0, 0.

Yeah it's definitely an H80i, that and the power supply are the only things that didn't come in the bundle so I guessed.

By RGB are you referring to the corsair logo over the CPU? THat would be awesome if I could change the colors on that but I have no idea how. (didn't read any manuals obviously)

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah it's definitely an H80i, that and the power supply are the only things that didn't come in the bundle so I guessed.

By RGB are you referring to the corsair logo over the CPU? THat would be awesome if I could change the colors on that but I have no idea how. (didn't read any manuals obviously)

Yeah that RGB,

http://www.corsair.com/en/hydro-series-h80i-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

Click downloads and you can install Corsair Link. It's a little fiddly and can be buggy.

Thought you need to have used the USB cable and plugged it in to make use of Corsair Link.

n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

The Godfather
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

The Godfather
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm uploading a video to Youtube playing GTAV so you can see for yourself. sure any newer GFX will be able to handle the game a lot better than a 660 can but you'll see that it is actually still decent for its age.

May take a bit to upload, didn't touch the vid with any editing software.

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate

Hidden Devil
Hidden Devils
Tutorial Creator Services Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm uploading a video to Youtube playing GTAV so you can see for yourself. sure any newer GFX will be able to handle the game a lot better than a 660 can but you'll see that it is actually still decent for its age.

May take a bit to upload, didn't touch the vid with any editing software.

Vid is broken :tongue:

n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

The Godfather
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
runs smooth no need to buy that overkill 970 haha

Would have to save up some serious cash for it too lol If I were to get another video card I'd probably just buy two of last years decent models and run em together.

Top Bottom
Login
Register