• Thread starter Gondracorn
  • Start date
  • Views 768
Gondracorn

Gondracorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is in another thread, but has been unfortionately ignored due to posting in the wrong section.

I'm reposting it here in the proper section.

So, I have this game I would really like to play... but... it doesn't exist!

This is because no one really thinks a game like this can income properly.

It's similar to Naruto Shippudan Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, but one thing is different: It has creatures in it, and creatures ONLY!

You see, just like Naruto Shippudan Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, you are recommended to use a Controller for optimal play, and... of course, you fight other players/enemies with your creature!

There may be many games out there like this, but none at the level I am thinking.

The one thing I would like out of this game is ownership. This is because I believe that all of my creature creations that are to be put in this game (and I have a lot) are very close to me, especially the one of my avatar. Income to me is not necessary, even though I am owner of the game. However, I would like All or Most of my suggestions I have for the game put through a Discussion Committee, and if accepted, implemented. No extra implementations or changes to the game shall be made without a full discussion that includes me (the owner) and the discussion committee. That way, I, the primary target player, can be happy, and also you, the developers, can be happy.

I've dreamed in my mind about this game (even dreaming it in my dreams.) I will share with you the game idea, rules, content, characters, and design if you accept to listen to ,my proposal and allow me to be owner of the game and be a part of the design and implementation team.

Preview:

This game is a 3-D online fighting-style game with an offline Storyline, Versus Mode, and Tournament mode. You can only find creatures in the game - no primatives are found in this game. The object of the game is to complete the storyline to unlock characters, items, and arenas to use in Versus Mode. Optionally, you can purchase additional creatures (including "Boss" creatures) to use in the game. All creatures are unique and have their own way to win against other creatures... you just have to figure out how to use this creature to your advantage. No creature is better than another creature... all creatures have equal strengths and weaknesses. You are able to purchase items to strengthen your creatures, as well as purchase additional fighting arenas (such as a "home" arena, where you can customize the arena with objects to fit your 'playing' style. This arena can be accessed by fighting your friends and acquaintances in friend VS. friend mode.), arena objects, cravatars (creature avatars), and more.

Intially, you start off with no creatures to fight with in pvp (and at this point, PVP is locked.). This promotes the use of offline player vs storyline play. When you start the story mode, in version 1.00, you have only 2 storylines to choose from: The Peacemakers Storyline, and The Warmongers Storyline.

The Peacemakers Storyline follows various "Peacemaker" creatures. These characters work best with each other in Multi-Player Mode. In total, there are 8 Peacemaker creatures I have designed so far. In the storyline, the Peacemaker creatures defend their citizens from the Warmonger creatures, who constantly fight each other and the poor citizens for entertainment, sport, and percieved glory. Their leader is Queen Qcoeurleene, who is a boss creature in the Warmongers Storyline.

The Warmongers Storyline follows various "Warmonger" creatures. These creatures also work best with one another in Multi-Player Mode. In total, there are 8 Warmonger creatures I have designed. In this storyline, the Warmonger creatures are trained in arms and ready for battle. They believe that a great enemy is arising and that they must be prepared for anything. Thus, they fight each other to strength themselves... and occasionally engage in combat with the citizens of kingdoms to summon up the strong Peacemakers to battle as an alternative. The peacemakers rarely fight, regardless of their strategic strength. Nevertheless, if others are in danger, they take up their arms and defend those in need. King Xcyrios (Kh-Sear-re-ohs) is the leader of the Warmongers, who is a boss creature in the Peacemakers Storyline.

Requirements:
Brandon Thomason is owner of "Project: Creature Feature" and the final project product.
Brandon Thomason is lead idea man of "Project: Creature Feature" and is included in all proposed updates, changes, modifications, and removals in the features of the game.
Brandon Thomason has final say (But does not necessary have total power) in any discussion about the game.
All of Brandon "Favorite" creature creations will be implemented. (5 in total)

Optional:
Brandon Thomason might recieve a bonus income (I am unemployed for the long run of my life due to a disability.)
Brandon Thomason becomes a staff on the forums after training, since he's head owner of the game.

Not Okay:
Using this idea without including Brandon in the project.
Patenting this idea without Brandon being the Original Owner.
Passing on this idea to other people as your own idea.
Mentioning this idea to other people not on the forums.
Anything you know is "morally wrong/unacceptable"

Gondracorn

Gondracorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I'm actually asking the staff to do this, not anyone else. Does that make this the right thread then?

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I'm actually asking the staff to do this, not anyone else. Does that make this the right thread then?
This is a gaming community, not a game studio. :smile: Good luck with your idea though.

odium

odium

im like ibaka when it comes to blocks
Reaction score
Sin$
No this is a discussion forum about gaming and the staff moderate the members. They are not developers. I think you should pitch the idea to an actual game company, it sounds pretty complex and won't be easy to code/design.

Gondracorn

Gondracorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How can I trust a gaming company? I would have to go through patents first!

L

LawlessBaron

A myth
Retired
Legendary Veteran Programmer Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
Use the Programming and Scripting section

P

pwfdc

Bright Idea Programmer Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Where did you post this originally? O.o

Okay, I skimmed through your idea and it does sound like it might already exist but you just haven't found it yet. Check Greenlight (Steam), IndieDB, and Google in general.

Oh, just saying...when you post an idea online...it's not yours. You may ask for credit, but no one is required to give it to you unless you copyright the idea and all that good stuff.

And going off topic a little bit more...
I HATE it when people do what you're doing, assuming we HAVE to give you rights to the game. No, no we don't.
If I wanted to, I could spend my money and time developing your game..heck I could even have you involved and before release...kick you out with no credit or "income". You can't assume someone will work with you because you want them too.
There's no copyright, there's no registration, there's no law, it's not theft if it's public, and there's no legally binding contract.
So technically, if I made it, I wouldn't have to give you crap. No credit, no money, nothing.
And you couldn't even do anything about it because the idea is public property and there's no laws or legally binding contracts I had to sign stopping me.

This being said, I more than likely will not be the one doing this...mainly cause I have no time. But I wanted to open your eyes to say that when you post something here...it's public. If you wanted credit and to make sure you got all of that. You'll have to go to professionals or indie game developers and get everything legally checked out.

Sorry for that little spiel, but I get so annoyed when people assume we have to give credit with no reason. And to open your eyes to that fact. :tongue: :tongue:

Back on topic: I would definitely search Google for this game. If it doesn't exist, I would look into getting it made.

Last edited:
D

DeleteMe1744

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok look guys I made a 20 lines 'idea guy' thread, I have the best game idea evar (which is basically taking a professional game and changing all the characters in it) and if you use it I want to be paid and cretited as if I did all the job, and was the original author.

Last edited:
Y

YYes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This doesn't sound worth the effort. Naruto already has the advantage because people know of it; believe it. Impossible creatures (get my reference?), doesn't sound worth it.

People play games for unique gameplay experience. If you want a game to look different, why not just mod it?

Mr Chip53

Mr Chip53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Tokyo Jungle... Or some other game ive seen on youtube where you are wierd creatures that smack at eachother, dont remember whatbits called. But i also feel like your asking for too much start small. Natural Selection 2 maybe? But it might have people. But tokyo jungle sounds like something your thinking of. Just less survival more objective is what you want i think

Top Bottom
Login
Register