• Start date
  • Views 1,263
superspeed

superspeed

XBLSE Lifetime member
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys just wanted to introduce my new game that just went live. Happy Valentines Day Sinners!

Edit: If you guys download this leave a remark in comments saying 7s.

BMX Boy

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.superkickgames.bmxboy

Last edited:
L

Legend

I'm Legen.... Wait for it... DARY ツ
Frame In Gold Mr. Nice Guy A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Pretty nice! Very simple, but thats make it cool :smile: Nice job :smile:

L

Legless

Be spontaneous, be kind, be open-minded.
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a nice app but I think there could be some improvements if I'm being honest but don't take it personal:

1. I don't think it's a good idea that ads are displayed every time a user dies, maybe every 3 times?
2. Instructions aren't clear. Instead having the word 'Go' or 'Start' at the start of a level I think it would be better to have the words 'Tap to Start' or something like that so users know how to start (as I was a little unsure on how to begin)
3. Maybe have a shop that users can spend their chips?

I don't know, just a couple of suggestions that I hope helps you out. Good job though. :smile:

Last edited:
superspeed

superspeed

XBLSE Lifetime member
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah there will be an update to allow users to buy stuff in the near future. Thanks for the constructive criticism, no worries I don't take it personal at all. I will keep the suggestions in mind on the next build.

L

Legless

Be spontaneous, be kind, be open-minded.
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah there will be an update to allow users to buy stuff in the near future. Thanks for the constructive criticism, no worries I don't take it personal at all. I will keep the suggestions in mind on the next build.
No problem at all, I'm keeping the app installed for future updates; looking forward to them.

What's your aim for the app?
And do you plan on developing more in the future?

superspeed

superspeed

XBLSE Lifetime member
Reaction score
Sin$
No problem at all, I'm keeping the app installed for future updates; looking forward to them.

What's your aim for the app?
And do you plan on developing more in the future?
Well this one is the 4th I've got out. The 4 are just little and basic for fun and practice. I'm actually working on a much bigger project that will hopefully hit the Xbox live marketplace on Xbox 1 soon.

This app will be continually updated with new features. Perhaps with alt characters, power ups, and a few other things will be considered.

superspeed

superspeed

XBLSE Lifetime member
Reaction score
Sin$
Added short video. Screen recorder made it kinda laggy.

Thepredatormlg

Thepredatormlg

IT Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
are you making this alone or are you taking ideas from others and using github

superspeed

superspeed

XBLSE Lifetime member
Reaction score
Sin$
Added new update. Thanks to everyone who have made suggestions.

1. Fixed a few images.
2. Few compatibility issues addressed.
3. Ads on death have been reduced.

I will have a demo for my latest game out shortly. I hope everyone will stay tuned in for the demo. It will be a PC release for the alpha then on to get it approved for Xb1.

superspeed

superspeed

XBLSE Lifetime member
Reaction score
Sin$
A couple have come from friends and family. But not many. BMX Boy has been getting like 200 downloads a day so its actually going a ton better than the others.

P

pwfdc

Bright Idea Programmer Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
All your reviews seem fake.
I completely agree.

My honest opinion on the game? Simple. No animations. It's just switching between 2 sprites. The concept? Over-done. Woohoo, a 2D game that you go across the screen. Where's the wow factor? What makes this game unique? The coins make no sense...why are they lightning bolts? What? Also, the background is messed up...it's so blatantly obvious too. Plus, do you own all the rights to the elements (music, images, sprites, sounds, etc) in the game? Most people do not and that will get you in trouble. Plus, no challenge. No skater would ever ollie that high...ever. I should know, I used to skate. Plus, your gravity is way to low. Then there's no animated sprites. Fire? More like a red bush.
The obstacles make no sense with the level. Why the hell would you be skating in a place with fire and spikes?
Level and character do not make sense together.
And where's your pause menu? I see a restart, but no pause.
Your images, title as an example, do not correlate with the overall design.
Why does your character have his mouth open all the time?
Your proportions on your menu buttons...bleh. The images are squeezed.
Your overall UI... :vomit:

One more thing...
ab26cf756cf6c8dfc0da7f06c7e85b9f.png

Really? A flare? Yeah..no. :roflmao:

Yes, I'm mean when it comes to game development. Get over it.
I'm telling you all this to help you.

One last note just so you know. If you tried to submit this to Apple. You would get rejected for its quality. If you get through, lord have mercy on the employee that reviewed it...he's getting fired soon after. :rolleyes:
Use Apple's quality guidelines to build your mobile games. Yes, they're strict...but they really keep you from making ugly games.

Last edited:
superspeed

superspeed

XBLSE Lifetime member
Reaction score
Sin$
I completely agree.

My honest opinion on the game? Simple. No animations. It's just switching between 2 sprites. The concept? Over-done. Woohoo, a 2D game that you go across the screen. Where's the wow factor? What makes this game unique? The coins make no sense...why are they lightning bolts? What? Also, the background is messed up...it's so blatantly obvious too. Plus, do you own all the rights to the elements (music, images, sprites, sounds, etc) in the game? Most people do not and that will get you in trouble. Plus, no challenge. No skater would ever ollie that high...ever. I should know, I used to skate. Plus, your gravity is way to low. Then there's no animated sprites. Fire? More like a red bush.
The obstacles make no sense with the level. Why the hell would you be skating in a place with fire and spikes?
Why does your character look like he's about to give a blowjob?

One more thing...

Yes, I'm mean when it comes to game development. Get over it.
I'm telling you all this to help you.

One last note just so you know. If you tried to submit this to Apple. You would get rejected for its quality. If you get through, lord have mercy on the employee that reviewed it...he's getting fired soon after. :rolleyes:
Use Apple's quality guidelines to build your mobile games. Yes, they're strict...but they really keep you from making ugly games.
Oh yeah like all games make complete sense? I mean cmon instead of flaming on how "terrible" it is how about offer constructive ideas?

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
You do realize everything I said IS constructive right? Instead of people saying "oh it's great" and all that bulls***, you need someone to call you out on the shitware. Because once I call you out on everything that makes it ****, you can improve them and make the game not so ugly.

And if you haven't found it out yet, in this section...I am the ruler. :wink: Okay not really; but this section is somewhere I consider sacred (this and the general P&S section). So I am mean when it comes to criticism, get over it.

Liquid44

Liquid44

Banned
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh yeah like all games make complete sense? I mean cmon instead of flaming on how "terrible" it is how about offer constructive ideas?

Almost all of his suggestions are related to the art side, no point in acknowledging people who make up random crap.

I take it this is your first game? if so congrats for finishing and releasing it. Most people don't even get that far. The gameplay concept is simple and nice. Next thing you might like to add to make the gameplay more interesting is perhaps some basic physics, like allow the player to build up acceleration and momentum and maybe braking, rather than linear speed.

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Almost all of his suggestions are related to the art side, no point in acknowledging people who make up random crap.
So now I'm making up random crap? You mean that someone developing games should pay absolutely no attention to the UI?
I showed the game to someone who went to college for this stuff, just to see if what I said was valid. He said, and I quote, "I wouldn't even consider this in alpha stage."

You're acting like the code is center of the game. That's bulls*** right there. Before you worry about momentum and other physics (which is something you should look at BEFORE your release) you should at least make sure the UI is looking acceptable because the UI is what people see. The frontend is what people care about.
  • Look
  • Functionality
  • Speed
Those are the 3 things that matter. All of which in this game, except speed because of the lack of the other two, are not ready for public consumption.

Now let's look at my suggestions...

My honest opinion on the game? Simple. No animations. It's just switching between 2 sprites. The concept? Over-done. Woohoo, a 2D game that you go across the screen. Where's the wow factor? What makes this game unique?
How is this art? This is functionality. This is nothing to do with "art". I stated this to get him to look at his game concept again and make it stick out more.

The coins make no sense...why are they lightning bolts? What? Also, the background is messed up...it's so blatantly obvious too.
This is elements. Which is kind of art. Oh and functionality because of the background. This makes the game look better.

Plus, do you own all the rights to the elements (music, images, sprites, sounds, etc) in the game? Most people do not and that will get you in trouble.
Legality. I'm actually saying this to help him from legal trouble later on down the road. Not art.

Plus, no challenge.
Not art, functionality. If you don't know why I said this...god help you.

No skater would ever ollie that high...ever. I should know, I used to skate. Plus, your gravity is way to low.
Physics...not art.

Then there's no animated sprites. Fire? More like a red bush.
Okay, this is more artsy.

Obstacles and level design. Not art.

One more thing...

This is the only part that's more "art" than anything else. And I talk about proportions. And lack of buttons. Oh, and an overused flare.

So of the 8 things. Only 1 or 2 were more focused on "art". So saying "almost all" is a very ignorant statement.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Liquid44

Liquid44

Banned
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
So now I'm making up random crap? You mean that someone developing games should pay absolutely no attention to the UI?
I showed the game to someone who went to college for this stuff, just to see if what I said was valid. He said, and I quote, "I wouldn't even consider this in alpha stage."

You're acting like the code is center of the game. That's bulls*** right there. Before you worry about momentum and other physics (which is something you should look at BEFORE your release) you should at least make sure the UI is looking acceptable because the UI is what people see. The frontend is what people care about.
  • Look
  • Functionality
  • Speed
Those are the 3 things that matter. All of which in this game, except speed because of the lack of the other two, are not ready for public consumption.

Now let's look at my suggestions...

How is this art? This is functionality. This is nothing to do with "art". I stated this to get him to look at his game concept again and make it stick out more.

This is elements. Which is kind of art. Oh and functionality because of the background. This makes the game look better.

Legality. I'm actually saying this to help him from legal trouble later on down the road. Not art.

Not art, functionality. If you don't know why I said this...god help you.

Physics...not art.

Okay, this is more artsy.

Obstacles and level design. Not art.

This is the only part that's more "art" than anything else. And I talk about proportions. And lack of buttons. Oh, and an overused flare.

So of the 8 things. Only 1 or 2 were more focused on "art". So saying "almost all" is a very ignorant statement.
[/QUOTE]

cool beans, am I supposed to care about what your college friend has to say when that means nothing lol. When playing a game I don't care how the UI looks as long as it is functional, the gameplay is what matters. You can hardly talk about originality and level design when making a clone of many infinite runner type games... floating bitcoins makes a lot of sense doesn't it lmao.

Top Bottom
Login
Register