What's new

Solved my maxtor 1TB external hdd isn't working!

camm44

camm44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i use the hdd for my RGH and i have EVERYTHING on it. all my games, my FSD3, everything....without it my rgh is useless. it's been working fine this whole time. and all of a sudden it doesn't even pop up when i have it in my rgh. or my computer...I haven't dropped it or anything i have no idea why it's doing this... HELP ASAP

Lib Technologies

Lib Technologies

49 20 4C 69 6B 65 20 54 6F 20 4D 6F 64 21
Seasoned Veteran Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
You sure it's all plugged in? :wink:

camm44

camm44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you tried plugging it into a PC and seeing if it reads it?
yes i have when fsd3 and everything wasn't booting up i plugged the hdd inot my computer and nothing even happened. didn't even show that anything was plugged in.. i may need a new usb cable for it. i have no idea why it seems fine but its worth a try i suppose.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
yes i have when fsd3 and everything wasn't booting up i plugged the hdd inot my computer and nothing even happened. didn't even show that anything was plugged in.. i may need a new usb cable for it. i have no idea why it seems fine but its worth a try i suppose.
I'd try a new USB cable, otherwise it may be dead.

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Mythical Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
well its not dead, the hdd turns on when the power cables in. it's just the usb that's screwed up. but yes, thank you
if the usb thing dont work then make sure that you dont have any dashlaunch plugins that you never used before, some can keep you from booting and make the hdd unreadable on everything you plug it into.

Also remember that Xbox only reads FAT, FAT-32, and exFAT hard drives, NTSF drives wont be read by Xbox's JTAG or not...

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
well its not dead, the hdd turns on when the power cables in. it's just the usb that's screwed up. but yes, thank you
The HDD can still be dead even if it powers up. The heads could have crashed, spindle broke, motor died, etc

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Mythical Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
The HDD can still be dead even if it powers up. The heads could have crashed, spindle broke, motor died, etc
Same with the opposite, I had a working hdd that did not power up, turns out it was a bad dashlaunch plugin that forbid the hdd from being read. I was able to recover it by taking it apart and getting a SATA to USB Adapter and plugged it in to my computer, deleted the plugin (I had to use Modio because it was still a Xbox 360 HDD) and changed the launch.ini file.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Same with the opposite, I had a working hdd that did not power up, turns out it was a bad dashlaunch plugin that forbid the hdd from being read. I was able to recover it by taking it apart and getting a SATA to USB Adapter and plugged it in to my computer, deleted the plugin (I had to use Modio because it was still a Xbox 360 HDD) and changed the launch.ini file.
Indeed! :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register