• Views 1,937
D

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Fabled Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey Jokester
Reaction score
my retail will play the movies just fine ( off the flash drive ) but when I plug the usb in the jtag it will not play it. the screen just stays black, any help?
Thanks.

G

GOHDtoughguy

THE WHEEL ON THE SHORT BUS GO ROUND AND ROUND
Forum Addict
Reaction score
my retail will play the movies just fine ( off the flash drive ) but when I plug the usb in the jtag it will not play it. the screen just stays black, any help?
Thanks.
Bad movie rip?

D

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Please help

D

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
still haven't found a fix for this.......
tried updating the dash, and it didn't help.

M

manwithoutname

Reaction score
I have come across two versions of Optional Media update before. Try checking here.

M

manwithoutname

Reaction score
It works fine for me, but you'll need to register on that site to view the whole download links. Otherwise just google optional media update and you'll find few out there.

D

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
D

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
anyone?

D

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Bump, Still need help.

T

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
Bump, Still need help.
Surprised nobody has sorted this for you before. You need to avatar data installed for the optional media update to work. I have no idea why but it's always been like that. Just get the official update that matches your JTAG's dash number (e.g you're on dash 14719, download 14719 from MS), run the update and accept it. Once you reboot all supported videos will work.

You might need to change your dashlaunch settings to allow updates to install if you have block updates enabled. Alternatively, call your update folder $$ystemupdate. You just need to put it onto the root of a flash drive and boot to NXE dash.

D

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Surprised nobody has sorted this for you before. You need to avatar data installed for the optional media update to work. I have no idea why but it's always been like that. Just get the official update that matches your JTAG's dash number (e.g you're on dash 14719, download 14719 from MS), run the update and accept it. Once you reboot all supported videos will work.

You might need to change your dashlaunch settings to allow updates to install if you have block updates enabled. Alternatively, call your update folder $$ystemupdate. You just need to put it onto the root of a flash drive and boot to NXE dash.
I'm on the latest dash, and I downloaded the update from xbox.com. am I supposed to copy it through xex menu? I've tried updating by usb before and it red ringed.

S

XDiffuseDsPEcX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm on the latest dash, and I downloaded the update from xbox.com. am I supposed to copy it through xex menu? I've tried updating by usb before and it red ringed.
No, you just have the the system update folder on the USB without anything else there and turn on the Xbox with the USB plugged in there. Just be sure to get the update for your corresponding dashboard version or else you could possibly risk a brick.

D

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
No, you just have the the system update folder on the USB without anything else there and turn on the Xbox with the USB plugged in there. Just be sure to get the update for your corresponding dashboard version or else you could possibly risk a brick.
does it have to be configured?

D

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score

IT WORKED!!! :biggrin: Thank you guys!!! :biggrin:

Top Bottom