• Thread starter SLiiKShoT
  • Start date
  • Views 591
SLiiKShoT

SLiiKShoT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I currently have a 1st gen iPod Touch, and was wondering if I could jailbreak it. The only thing is, it says I need to buy a $5 software upgrade when I go into iTunes. So can I jailbreak it without the update?? It says on the iPod that it's v2.1. Please help me!!!

I

iLLxKiLLa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
plug it into itunes and it should automatically upgrade to 3.1.3.
i would recomend using spirit to jailbreak it is by far the easiest.

I

iLLxKiLLa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
with spirit all you have to do is plug it in and press a button.
with redsnow you have to download the version thing and insert that and half the time redsnow freezes your ipod.

OnyX

OnyX

Ideas are Bulletproof
Retired
MotM Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
For future reference you can get all your firmware updates here.

megan fox

megan fox

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
spirit also murders batteries. it makes the battery life alot less than before the jb

pwner53killz

pwner53killz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ys just dont download the update(i would reccomend getting it) and then jailbreak it with spirit

SLiiKShoT

SLiiKShoT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I'm about to break this iPod in half.
I downloaded v3.1.3/7E18, and did what the website said, but nothing will work.
Please someone point me towards a tutorial for 1st gens please!

SLiiKShoT

SLiiKShoT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, so v3.1.3 isn't compatible, says iTunes. So I updated it through iTunes, and it automatically went to v2.2.1 and can't go any higher. WTF?

SLiiKShoT

SLiiKShoT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, I'm trying that right now. I know about the shift-click trick but it still wasnt working. It was a .zip not a .ipsw and it wouldn't format right. I tried. But hopefully your method works.

BTW, I've already tried blackra1n and QuickPwn. Neither program will open though.

M

Moderns

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Download 3.1.3 or 4.0 from felixburns or whatever

Shift+Click restore, select the downloaded fw

Jailbreak.

SLiiKShoT

SLiiKShoT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is what i did with my itouch 1g..

I updated to 2.0, then restored to 3.0 with this restore.. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O8HIE3LU&f=iPod1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw

then i updated to 3.1.3 via itunes.

after that, i just use spiritjb and life goes on.

P.S. Hold shift+click on restore to select the 3.0 restore
Thanks man! your v3.0 worked perfectly. Now it's updating to v3.1.3 via iTunes. +REP!!!!! Thanks.

Does anybody know how to downgrade iTunes? I have 9.2 and spiritjb says you shouldn't use 9.2

BTNH

BTNH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks man! your v3.0 worked perfectly. Now it's updating to v3.1.3 via iTunes. +REP!!!!! Thanks.

Does anybody know how to downgrade iTunes? I have 9.2 and spiritjb says you shouldn't use 9.2

No problem, if you need further assistance, just hit me up!

But to downgrade itunes, the only way i know how to, was to uninstall it, then DL ituens 9 from here: http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php?old_itunes=48

If you can find another way, or if someone else know's.. then that's your solution

No problem, if you need further assistance, just hit me up!

But to downgrade itunes, the only way i know how to, was to uninstall it, then DL ituens 9 from here: http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php?old_itunes=48

If you can find another way, or if someone else know's.. then that's your solution

Top Bottom
Login
Register