• Views 15,545
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

RML Streamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, I am not saying halo 4 is gonna be a bad game. I am saying that it is going to be a bad halo. From what I have seen, Halo 4 has the basics that every other halo has. It is what else it has that worries me. For starters, In my opinion jetpacks ruin halo. Allow me to explain. Let talk about Beaver Creek. Beaver Creek is a all time halo classic due to the fact that you had to fight to the power weapons and control them to win. With the jetpacks, it makes the fight for the power weapons useless because it takes a lot less time to get to them, and its hard to rocket someone that's in the air(Possible, but hard.) So control over the power weapons is useless in that map. While I can agree jetpacks were a good idea, I would rather have armor lock then the jetpack. Also, the ranking system worries me. I know nobody knows how it works, But I am sure they will get it wrong.

I believe the halo ranking system should be a mixture of Halo 2/3's and halo reach's. I think it should have the 1-50 ranking system, but instead of exp the way it worked in halo 3, have credits like in halo reach. What I mean by this is that they should have the 1-50, but the only way to achieve the next rank is to have the credits AND the level required for the next rank.

Also, from what I have scene from the gameplay, it looks WAY to much like CoD with shields. What happened to the halo we all know and love? I will be the next person to say change is good, however not when you are talking about a squeal to a game every one loves. In my opinion, things like Jetpack, Armor Lock, Camo, ect... Turn halo into an entirely different game, so why not make an entirely new game and give halo players what they want.

I am sorry if this seems like WAY to much to read, but a lot of this needed to be said. I am just getting aggravated at big name game companies making new games with the name of a different one. It just seems like they are more worried about what SOUNDS good rather than what plays good. They worry more about what colors you can make your gun rather than adding another hour to the campaign. Thanks for reading this(if you did) and I hope you can agree with some of the points I made.

Pray For Blood

LG1TxREAPER

"Can you hear the thunder that's breaking?"
Premium
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, I am not saying halo 4 is gonna be a bad game. I am saying that it is going to be a bad halo. From what I have seen, Halo 4 has the basics that every other halo has. It is what else it has that worries me. For starters, In my opinion jetpacks ruin halo. Allow me to explain. Let talk about Beaver Creek. Beaver Creek is a all time halo classic due to the fact that you had to fight to the power weapons and control them to win. With the jetpacks, it makes the fight for the power weapons useless because it takes a lot less time to get to them, and its hard to rocket someone that's in the air(Possible, but hard.) So control over the power weapons is useless in that map. While I can agree jetpacks were a good idea, I would rather have armor lock then the jetpack. Also, the ranking system worries me. I know nobody knows how it works, But I am sure they will get it wrong.

I believe the halo ranking system should be a mixture of Halo 2/3's and halo reach's. I think it should have the 1-50 ranking system, but instead of exp the way it worked in halo 3, have credits like in halo reach. What I mean by this is that they should have the 1-50, but the only way to achieve the next rank is to have the credits AND the level required for the next rank.

Also, from what I have scene from the gameplay, it looks WAY to much like CoD with shields. What happened to the halo we all know and love? I will be the next person to say change is good, however not when you are talking about a squeal to a game every one loves. In my opinion, things like Jetpack, Armor Lock, Camo, ect... Turn halo into an entirely different game, so why not make an entirely new game and give halo players what they want.

I am sorry if this seems like WAY to much to read, but a lot of this needed to be said. I am just getting aggravated at big name game companies making new games with the name of a different one. It just seems like they are more worried about what SOUNDS good rather than what plays good. They worry more about what colors you can make your gun rather than adding another hour to the campaign. Thanks for reading this(if you did) and I hope you can agree with some of the points I made.
I would have agreed, but the title has rant so...minus 8 points.

Mergingskate

Mergingskate

ex H2mod mod
Reaction score
Sin$
i see it as put halo 2 rank system back, games have evolved into this new online garbage where you level up based on your time put into the game. Theres no point to really lvl up due to it doesnt really show skill. A noob can play 1000 hours of halo and still be a noob but be max rank. Doesnt make sense to me. Halo 2 rank put COMPETITION. Dont people remember what it was like to finally get to lvl 30 or even 40!? It required a lot of skill to lvl up because if you did bad your rank went DOWN. (everyone knew how that felt losing a game and seeing that number 29 go to 28. :mad: )

It also made you WANT to have a lot of xbox live friends who were active, but also good at halo. I miss the days where you didnt play ranked unless you had your "team" with you because you werent gunna play with some random noobs and let your rank go down. Which in return gave a lot of fun awesome moments of CUSTOM GAMES. Which people dont like to play anymore because the whole freaking matchmaking is just custom games with stupid *** rewards of lvling up because you played for 10 fcking hours strait.

Basically what im ranting and saying is get rid of this Battlefield, Call of duty, Halo reach, and any other online CRAP rank system and bring back the COMPETITIVE online gameplay. All new gaming rank systems have cut out REAL competition. Because when it comes down to it. Why "try hard" to win the match when whether you WIN or LOSE you will still rank UP.

Im not worried about halo 4 because i know for a fact it will be another fail like halo 3 and reach. (or any other game out there, because really most have taken away competition in replace for Time played = rewards and rank.)

Hopefully everyone understands what im saying here. Because yes i understand games will always have competition. But NOT like what halo 2 had. and not ever again. :frown:

Z

RML Streamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i see it as put halo 2 rank system back, games have evolved into this new online garbage where you level up based on your time put into the game. Theres no point to really lvl up due to it doesnt really show skill. A noob can play 1000 hours of halo and still be a noob but be max rank. Doesnt make sense to me. Halo 2 rank put COMPETITION. Dont people remember what it was like to finally get to lvl 30 or even 40!? It required a lot of skill to lvl up because if you did bad your rank went DOWN. (everyone knew how that felt losing a game and seeing that number 29 go to 28. :mad: )

It also made you WANT to have a lot of xbox live friends who were active, but also good at halo. I miss the days where you didnt play ranked unless you had your "team" with you because you werent gunna play with some random noobs and let your rank go down. Which in return gave a lot of fun awesome moments of CUSTOM GAMES. Which people dont like to play anymore because the whole freaking matchmaking is just custom games with stupid *** rewards of lvling up because you played for 10 fcking hours strait.

Basically what im ranting and saying is get rid of this Battlefield, Call of duty, Halo reach, and any other online CRAP rank system and bring back the COMPETITIVE online gameplay. All new gaming rank systems have cut out REAL competition. Because when it comes down to it. Why "try hard" to win the match when whether you WIN or LOSE you will still rank UP.

Im not worried about halo 4 because i know for a fact it will be another fail like halo 3 and reach. (or any other game out there, because really most have taken away competition in replace for Time played = rewards and rank.)

Hopefully everyone understands what im saying here. Because yes i understand games will always have competition. But NOT like what halo 2 had. and not ever again. :frown:
I agree. Halo 3 was not nearlly as good as halo 2.... not by any means, but it was not a HORRIBLE game in comparison to any cod past WaW, Medal of Honer, Halo Reach, ect.... Game dev's are just lazy now.

Mergingskate

Mergingskate

ex H2mod mod
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree. Halo 3 was not nearlly as good as halo 2.... not by any means, but it was not a HORRIBLE game in comparison to any cod past WaW, Medal of Honer, Halo Reach, ect.... Game dev's are just lazy now.
They just care about making max money and not giving out quality games. and ya halo 3 wasnt too bad but it was a start to a downhill fail. It just sucks thats how the games are made now. Just a big reward system for whoever puts in the most time into the game not skill.

D

De4tH ShAdOwS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not sure how you can be ranting about a game that has shown literally less then a minute of gameplay, but whatever floats your boat.

Fuzz

Fuzz

☑ rekt    ☐ not rekt
Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not sure how you can be ranting about a game that has shown literally less then a minute of gameplay, but whatever floats your boat.
You obviously didn't read it.

D

De4tH ShAdOwS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You obviously didn't read it.
I did. No one has seen how jet-packs work in this game, the only thing we've seen is sprint. No one has seen drop pods (which are predictable and learnable), the gameplay we've seen looks more like Halo 2, as opposed to Reach which plays like ****.

I'm getting a little bored of "omg the game looks like cod." Not sure how you can say that, when we haven't seen how loadouts work, we've only seen gameplay that looks like Halo 2.

Z

RML Streamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I did. No one has seen how jet-packs work in this game, the only thing we've seen is sprint. No one has seen drop pods (which are predictable and learnable), the gameplay we've seen looks more like Halo 2, as opposed to Reach which plays like ****.

I'm getting a little bored of "omg the game looks like cod." Not sure how you can say that, when we haven't seen how loadouts work, we've only seen gameplay that looks like Halo 2.

I never said it "looks like cod," I said it is turning into cod. think about reach for a sec, I admit I cant do this for halo 4 yet. That game copied cods ranking system almost exactly. and when you look at halo 4, it looks like a hybrid of halo and cod. it plays like halo, but it pops up when you get headshots and other items just like CoD. But the same goes for CoD turning into halo. Just look at black ops 2. This is not 100% a bad thing though. all I am saying is that I am worried about the game. From what I have looked up it looks like an amazing game, just not an amazing halo.

D

De4tH ShAdOwS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I never said it "looks like cod," I said it is turning into cod. think about reach for a sec, I admit I cant do this for halo 4 yet. That game copied cods ranking system almost exactly. and when you look at halo 4, it looks like a hybrid of halo and cod. it plays like halo, but it pops up when you get headshots and other items just like CoD. But the same goes for CoD turning into halo. Just look at black ops 2. This is not 100% a bad thing though. all I am saying is that I am worried about the game. From what I have looked up it looks like an amazing game, just not an amazing halo.

You said "Also, from what I have scene from the gameplay, it looks WAY to much like CoD"

The words popping up in the middle was from an old build, and has nothing to do with gameplay. Sure its stupid, but if it play's like Halo 2 who cares? It's a little thing you wont notice after a game. Frankie has already said you will be paired up with people with similar skill, which means there will be some kind of leveling ranking system. Yea Reach's system sucked ***, but Bungie was running out of ideas. 1-50 was flawed and they needed something else.

So what if you choose if you spawn with BR or DMR? If the core gameplay stays true to the original trilogy IDGAF what they do. 343 seems to be heavily concerned with balance, which IMO is great. The jumping seems to be similar to Halo 2/3, the strafe is awesome, bullet magnetism looks great.

You can complain all you want, but none of the complaining is justified until you see someone get a killing spree and call a MAC blast from the sky. People b**** about how CoD never changes yet when Halo adds classes people freak the f*** out because someone on the other team might have a DMR and not a BR.

Theres my two cents.

Z

RML Streamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You said "Also, from what I have scene from the gameplay, it looks WAY to much like CoD"

but none of the complaining is justified until you see someone get a killing spree and call a MAC blast from the sky

Point proven. I like change. This game looks awesome. But I wish they would add something NEW and not done 100 times in different games.

TheBestKilleR

TheBestKilleR

ChiKKen Swoup
Mythical Veteran CotM Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I never said it "looks like cod," I said it is turning into cod. think about reach for a sec, I admit I cant do this for halo 4 yet. That game copied cods ranking system(1) almost exactly. and when you look at halo 4, it looks like a hybrid of halo and cod. it plays like halo, but it pops up when you get headshots and other items just like CoD(2) . But the same goes for CoD turning into halo. Just look at black ops 2. This is not 100% a bad thing though. all I am saying is that I am worried about the game. From what I have looked up it looks like an amazing game, just not an amazing halo.

What makes you think that CoD invented that type of ranking system?
WoW got it before CoD, so it must mean that CoD got it from WoW...(1)

Please explain(2)

sam NZL

sam NZL

Im osama bin laden
Reaction score
Sin$
Please explain(2)
Ill explain for you.. Go look at them youtube videos of halo 4 gameplay. i would take a screen shot but stupid isp put my speed down to 0.08mpbs :/. But have a look at the video and and at one of the parts where he kills someone it comes up with "HeadShot" at the bottom center of the screen.

Sidney Crosby

VoiDxZEROx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They just care about making max money and not giving out quality games. and ya halo 3 wasnt too bad but it was a start to a downhill fail. It just sucks thats how the games are made now. Just a big reward system for whoever puts in the most time into the game not skill.

I can see what you mean by the competitive rank but here's the thing, most people play games for fun :o and in my opinion the EXP progression system is better cause it gives everyone equal opportunity to get a high rank and doesn't require everyone to nerd out and rage when their rank goes down. But what do I know? Maybe halo 4 should have 2 different ranks, 1 social which is progressed by EXP and 1 competitive which goes along with the old halo 2 progression system

D

De4tH ShAdOwS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can see what you mean by the competitive rank but here's the thing, most people play games for fun :eek: and in my opinion the EXP progression system is better cause it gives everyone equal opportunity to get a high rank and doesn't require everyone to nerd out and rage when their rank goes down. But what do I know? Maybe halo 4 should have 2 different ranks, 1 social which is progressed by EXP and 1 competitive which goes along with the old halo 2 progression system

Yea but do you find it fun to be destroyed by a team 50-4?

It's necessary to have some kind of matchmaking system that is based off skill so people have close matches. What you said about combining Halo 2 and probably Reach's system (because people really like big numbers) would work best. People who don't want to worry about their rank play social, but can still level up (picture rank), and people who want to play competitive can level up (numerical). Competitive would allow people to play others with a similar skill range, and social is just quick matches.

Snoop Dogg

Snoop Dogg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Holy **** kids we haven't even seen a full gameplay trailer and you're already ranting about the game. It's going to be fine.

Night

Night

Retired Unofficial Article Riter
Reaction score
Sin$
-Jesus Christ ANOTHER huge ****ing rant

Competitive ranking is one of the dumbest things in the world. It completely alienates average gamers, casual gamers, and people who play just to have fun. No, high ranks in the game shouldn't only be given to the best players. That's what leaderboards are for. There are a lot more casual gamers out there than wanna be MLG Pro players.

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Competitive ranking is one of the dumbest things in the world. It completely alienates average gamers, casual gamers, and people who play just to have fun. No, high ranks in the game shouldn't only be given to the best players. That's what leaderboards are for. There are a lot more casual gamers out there than wanna be MLG Pro players.

Halo 2 had a competitive ranking system

Are you saying Halo 2 alienated casual gamers? I will answer that for you, no, Halo 2 was great for both casual and "hardcore" gamers

Night

Night

Retired Unofficial Article Riter
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo 2 had a competitive ranking system

Are you saying Halo 2 alienated casual gamers? I will answer that for you, no, Halo 2 was great for both casual and "hardcore" gamers
I know it did.

And yes I am. I played Halo 2 and honestly wasn't very good, whereas a lot of my friends were level 50, and it didn't seem fair. I payed the same price, I should be allowed to have the same rank as everyone else. Like I said, leaderboards are where competition should come in. Although modding/boosting is destroying those as well :-/

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
I know it did.

And yes I am. I played Halo 2 and honestly wasn't very good, whereas a lot of my friends were level 50, and it didn't seem fair. I payed the same price, I should be allowed to have the same rank as everyone else. Like I said, leaderboards are where competition should come in. Although modding/boosting is destroying those as well :-/

They were 50s because they cheated btw, legit 50s didnt exist in H2

Because you paid the same as me for MW2 or BO, should you be allowed the same spot on the leaderboard as everyone else? Its the EXACT same thing except it wont affect who you are matched up with, which can have devastating results matchmaking-wise for the worse players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register