My first test map

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding' started by Halodu2de, Jan 25, 2009 with 53 replies and 1,371 views.

1. Halodu2de

Halodu2de Newbie

Ratings:
    My first test map: MP Map Moonbase

I just figured since so many people wanted jime to show more of his mods, i would show my first one too and my first one ONLY. Don't flame, it's a test, and it is close to the best i can do at the moment because johnston nulls out every other variable i edit and i do not have access to any better programs at the moment.

I am not trying to get fame just wanted to show people my first test mod. No i am not only going to mod halo 3 either and i am trying to learn more about things and find things not done before. This is just me showing some mods just like other modders all did.

Credit to Detox, Anthony, and DarkShallFall for the research

Moonbase:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfTgVNhzQLE[/ame]

2. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
  3. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
  4. OP
    Halodu2de

Halodu2de Newbie

Ratings:
  5. T3AB4GG3R117

T3AB4GG3R117 Enthusiast

Ratings:
  6. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    yay moonbase alpha! jk, anyways nice job. I'll look into why johnson does that sometime.

7. OP
    Halodu2de

Halodu2de Newbie

Ratings:
    I got a vid up on my YouTube now my channel is halodu2de

8. Eazy B

Eazy B Getting There

Ratings:
    ^

9. xtwistedmetal

xtwistedmetal Enthusiast

Ratings:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ESUDQguMI"]YouTube - Moonbase .map mod[/ame]
    here is video has preview of new map not in his video or of pictures above!!!!

10. Anonymous Joey

Anonymous Joey Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You should build off of JIME01's idea/creation and make a Warthog with a tank turret, but it shoots tanks!! Well, when Johnson works of course :wink:

11. JIME01

JIME01 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Wow, No one flames him for having nearly the exact same texture as me......

12. gabe_k

gabe_k Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Get over it, a kid who's not gonna do anything with his dev kit is making a mod that kinda looks like one made by another kid who's not gonna do anything with his dev kit. Big surprise.

13. OP
    Halodu2de

Halodu2de Newbie

Ratings:
    yeah um twisted why did you post that... please take it off... and its not even close to the texture you used jime i tested it its completely different and i took the background away and some other ****. did you (gabe) even read the paragraph i typed up at the beginning...

and jime im using johnston you have real time halo and a editor that works and you don't have to fix 5 times before it works are you kidding me?.....

14. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    aka, the difference is that JIME is simply just showing off the fact that he has an editor (which btw let me remind you that it's so easy to use, that things much more that simple texture swaps are possible). Halo2dude on the other hand, is showing off what he is able to do so far himself. IMO, neither are doing too great because you guys probably aren't actually going to contribute anything, but I still say you both should take a good crack at what you can do.

15. OP
    Halodu2de

Halodu2de Newbie

Ratings:
    ...ok just to let you know I respect your opinion, but i just started, i am going to try as hard as possible to contribute as much as possible. im not here to try and show off. i just figured id show what i can do so far, and also, to people who are getting or want to get a dev if you dont know what you are doing or don't have the right programs, or are only getting it to mod just halo 3, don't. it's not worth it, especially to people who could use it to contribute. im not saying i can't, but i've just started.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    with intentions like that, you defiantly have the motivation to go further than most of these people would.

17. gabe_k

gabe_k Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You didn't make the xex, I strongly suspect you don't know PPC or C++, what are you really going to do with a dev kit?

18. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Why the **** does it matter if he doesnt know PPC or C++, he alredy bought the thing, its his money he can do what he wants with it.

19. sixworkss

sixworkss Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    It matters because the people who do know how to program are going to have to pay more for a dev due to rising prices because of their demand..

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    Halodu2de

Halodu2de Newbie

Ratings:
    we are learning C++ in school (i go to a private school) and just because i didnt make the xex doesnt mean i cant learn. everyone starts somewhere seriously gabe you're starting to bug me :mad:

as stated at the BEGINNING of my original post.....