My First OCE - Criticism? :)

• Thread starter LaceUp
  • Start date
  • Views 9,170
L

LaceUp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I made my very first EDIT/OCE and want you guys to tell me how it is..

CONSTUCTIVE Criticism is appreciated :smile:

L

LicketyxSplit

Get rich or Die tryin'
Reaction score
Here's my opinion - The quality looks insanely good. I like the bubble things floating up. twixtor (slow-mo) was very smooth. the only thing i would change is to be able to here the gun shot and make it sync with the song. Montages always look 10x better when the shots are synced with the music. overall 7/10 (Just because of music syncing)... But keep this up, its a very, very good start to an editing career. Well done.

L

LaceUp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my opinion - The quality looks insanely good. I like the bubble things floating up. twixtor (slow-mo) was very smooth. the only thing i would change is to be able to here the gun shot and make it sync with the song. Montages always look 10x better when the shots are synced with the music. overall 7/10 (Just because of music syncing)... But keep this up, its a very, very good start to an editing career. Well done.
Thanks for the feedback man :smile:

I am absolutely awful at syncing from what i've tried so far haha! I tried to sync in weird ways not involving the bullet.. Like a boom in the song comes up right when the first twixtor finished and I muffled the music and then un-muffled it on the second to last shot but I completely get what you mean, bullet syncing is much cooler :smile:

L

LicketyxSplit

Get rich or Die tryin'
Reaction score
Lol, ya it is... i have lots of struggles with my syncing to. Easier said than done

L

LaceUp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True haha

And keep a look on my channel for more, i'm definitely going to improve in my next one

P

Demo Modz

I Love the Illuminati
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback man :smile:

I am absolutely awful at syncing from what i've tried so far haha! I tried to sync in weird ways not involving the bullet.. Like a boom in the song comes up right when the first twixtor finished and I muffled the music and then un-muffled it on the second to last shot but I completely get what you mean, bullet syncing is much cooler :smile:

Looks Good. Just Try to Sync it up to the Music. If you need Help with Syncing i could help you learn how to sync with twixtor.
Add me on Skype if you want some help Skype: demomodz

L

LaceUp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Good. Just Try to Sync it up to the Music. If you need Help with Syncing i could help you learn how to sync with twixtor.
Add me on Skype if you want some help Skype: demomodz
Kk thanks man :smile:

K

kronosslayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a first edit, you take the cake bro!
It was very good quality. As others have said, syncing up the music will look better, but it's hard to do.

M

s7 Nightmare

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice OCE, definately keep it up. Cant wait to see a montage, I'll sub when I get on my pc.

Btw I <3 MGK, saw him in concert a couple of months ago.

I

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
Reaction score
'dat CC <3

It looked good, music was nice and the Twixtor was done perfectly, however overall it was a little plain. The bubbles w/ muffled music was a neat addition, but other than that it was Twixtor. Try adding a few more effects (although not too much) such as zoom, pixelation/other distortion effects, syncing shots to beats in the music etc.

Still was very nice. :smile:

Top Bottom