What's new

My first After Effects Edit

Maza

Maza

Video Editor
Reaction score
Sin$
Been using Sony Vegas for years and I figured it's finally time to give AE a try.

I followed a tutorial and finally made something. Yes, it's very small and extremely basic but it's a start and just wanted to share it. Please give constructive criticism if you can , want to learn as much as possible.

Still trying to find good render settings and all that's the quality sucks, like I said I'm extremely new to AE.

(Watch in 720p)

**Update**
I made a 2nd edit, still not that good but I'm starting to see minor improvement already. I am definitely not a fan of the way the ending looks though

Last edited:
Megadeth

Megadeth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You'll get the hang of AE in no time. I'd delete sony vegas now. AE has about 500 plugins that vegas doesn't.

Harmonic

Harmonic

Work Hard, Dream Big
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks awesome, I can tell you have potential.
I've always wanted to get into video editing but I do not have a PC good enough for it. Roughy how long did it take you to edit this?

Maza

Maza

Video Editor
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks awesome, I can tell you have potential.
I've always wanted to get into video editing but I do not have a PC good enough for it. Roughy how long did it take you to edit this?
This took me about 3- hours since I was learning, didn't even know how to render while I was making this. I've had After Effects for less then 3 days now so I don't think this is too bad considering how long I've had it.

Minute Media

Minute Media

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This took me about 3- hours since I was learning, didn't even know how to render while I was making this. I've had After Effects for less then 3 days now so I don't think this is too bad considering how long I've had it.
Yeah mate,
Nice edit! Mabe sync the beat to the shots a bit. The colour grading looks good. Transitions look clean.
Overall 8/10!
Awesome effort for the first attempt.

PS Thanks for putting a little BO2 in my day. Haven't played COD in years. Good memories!

Maza

Maza

Video Editor
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah mate,
Nice edit! Mabe sync the beat to the shots a bit. The colour grading looks good. Transitions look clean.
Overall 8/10!
Awesome effort for the first attempt.

PS Thanks for putting a little BO2 in my day. Haven't played COD in years. Good memories!
Thank you, definitely is a fun learning experience so far and I love it way better then Sony Vegas already.

Jimmy

Jimmy

!rolldice 5
Retired
EotM FotM Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a smart move to begin to learn AE, I still to this day can only use Sony Vegas because of how simple it is.

Top Bottom
Login
Register