What's new

Solved My DVD drive wont read any discs.

• Thread starter LETTUCE CHIEF
  • Start date
  • Views 746
L

LETTUCE CHIEF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
OK guys so i took apart my xbox today and it was working fine until now. it wont read discs. itll let me play arcade games off my HDD and itll sign me in and stuff but the Ben-Q drive will just not read discs. it wont let me play the games form my hardrive either. if someone can help me idk if itll help or not but i can host you a modded game on WaW not that nyone cares tho.

DopePope

DopePope

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You probably plugged the DVD drive power cord in backwards. Its a common mistake made by people. Open it up again and unplug it and make sure its in properly.

I

iGotTheSmores

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i just took the DVD drive out as one i ddint open the drive so i ddont think i did. when i put a disc in it spins, reads it for 5 seconds, and says open tray like theres nothin in there.
Well you may have to adjust the pot, but I would suggest something like cleaning the eye with some good ol' Isopropyl Alcohol (Rubbing Alcohol, 90% would be the best) and a Q-tip first. As your dvd eye maybe be dirty, nicotine build up, etc.

But heres the a link to the Pot calibration guide just in case.
LINK

-Smores

L

LETTUCE CHIEF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i fixed it after i cleaned the lense and then the POT calibration is what really fixed it. smores gimme ur GT and ill invite ya sometime. 10th lobby or modded zombies. you pick. thank you very much too bro.

Top Bottom
Login
Register