What's new

My dad spilled beer all over his laptop

Tom

Tom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad spilled beer all over his laptop and now it displays, "no operating system found" when we try starting the laptop up, it has many family photos on it, is there any way to get them off it?

Thanks, Tom

Digital Kitten

Digital Kitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take the hardrive out?

Irving Zisman

Irving Zisman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with digital on this one. Either take the hdd out and see if anyone you know has a laptop you can use to try the hdd in to get the pictures. Or you could try drying the laptop out, don't know if it would be of any use though. Depends on how much beer was spilled and where it went.

Fuzz

Fuzz

☑ rekt    ☐ not rekt
Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Put the hard drive in a different laptop/pc, or do a system repair with the install disc for your OS.

Bar Starred

YourMumOnToast9

Contributor
Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
My dad spilled beer all over his laptop and now it displays, "no operating system found" when we try starting the laptop up, it has many family photos on it, is there any way to get them off it?

Thanks, Tom

Screw connecting it to another laptop (using teh internal connections), you may end up with 2 broken laptops :smile:

Remove the hardrive, determine whether it is SATA(little L shape connectors) or IDE (f*** loads of pins), get a relevant connector > USB cable, plug it into a computer, you may have some luck.

Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin

Retired
Retired
MotM Stickied
Reaction score
You should just take the HDD and connect it to a different computer as the computer you are using appears to be f***ed up

Chris7S

InModWeTrust360

Nerd by definition, programmer by trade
Grammar Nazi Chatty Kathy Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
There is a few things that I would do in this situation. They are as follows:
1.) Take the HDD out and try to hook it to another computer via SATA/IDE to USB cable(Best Buy)
2.) Take the HDD out and plug it into another computer(Not Recommended by Me)

Either of these may work but number one is your best bet in my opinion because you don't have to take the risk of damaging another laptop in the process of retrieving the photos,

Kayvan

Virus Dejected

الله أكبر
Frame In Gold Grizzled Veteran Sinner
Reaction score
tell your dad NO BEER!

Tom

Tom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the files off using sata to SATA/IDE to USB cable, and we are sending it off to get fixed today

Top Bottom