My computer sucks help me

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by xxxhitmanxxx, Nov 17, 2008 with 12 replies and 136 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxxhitmanxxx

xxxhitmanxxx Getting There

Ratings:
    Since I have rearranged my room nothing will work. My xbox 360 wont connect to my computer to let me stream music, my antivirus wont update (avg wont connect to update server) nothing will work. I hate it my firewall is off and everything. And by the way when i google crap i click on a link to go to and it will open a whole new website and not even let me get to what i want to view. I just wanna know.... waddafuxup?

2. Sharp Focus

Sharp Focus Getting There

Ratings:
    System Restore your computer. :ohmy:

3. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Seems like most of your problems, if not all, are connected to your internet connection. What's its status? Can you connect to Xbox Live?

4. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    System Restore isn't the answer to everything...

Yeah, definitely sounds internet related...

Check your router. Are you running wireless on your PC/360 or wired?

5. Michael Allison

Ratings:
    That should only matter if he can go on the internet on his computer but not his 360. From what he's said so far, I'm gathering that's not the case. Have you tried simply recycling your router? Did you unplug an Ethernet cord by mistake when doing the aforementioned rearranging?

6. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:

It completely matters. If everything was WiFi, and his WiFi was screwed up, then obviously that would be the problem

7. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Then his computer wouldn't have working Internet.

This makes it sound like you may have spyware. I wouldn't be suprised.

Download a spyware scanner and see if I'm right. If so, you need to get rid of it right away.

8. Michael Allison

Ratings:
    I was under the impression that he was using Ethernet to connect to the internet on his computer... that's a pretty reasonable assumption, too, considering it sounds like it's a desktop?

B-rad: If he was sure he was connected to the internet, and his 360 was working, then I wouldn't be surprised if it was some malware. However, for now, it's pretty obvious his connection's just screwing up.

9. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Nowhere does it say his computer works?

10. Michael Allison

Ratings:
    Nor did he say that it didn't work, ergo "That should only matter if he can go on the internet on his computer but not his 360." Covering all your bases is good practice.

11. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    LMAO

I'm over this thread, it's not like I don't have a degree in Network Administration or anything....

12. confused5

confused5 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I would just reformat, but that might not be as convenient for you. Check for spyware like B-rad said, check all of your ethernet cables, and reinstall a couple of drivers.

13. Michael Allison

Ratings:
    Good for you.

Anyway, I agree... his message was disgustingly unclear, and he hasn't checked back, so screw it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.