Universal 24pin Main ATX power
4 pin 12v power connector x1
4 pin (for HDD, CD-ROM) x3
Floppy Connector (4 pin) x1
Serial ATA power connector x2
4 pin Molex to 6 pin PCI-Express adaptor x1
4 pin Molex to 8 (4+4) pin +12v Power adaptor
Velcro Cable Tie x2
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache Hard Drive SATA 6Gb/s <8.9ms 7200rpm - OEM​
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB Memory - DIMM 240-pin - 1600 MHz​
Coolermaster TX3 CPU Cooler​

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor
Asus ATI Radeon HD 6670 1gb PCI Express GDDR5 DVI HDMI Graphics Card
LiteOn iHAS124 DVD±RW Internal Optical Drive
Gigabyte GA-PH67-DS3-B3 H67 Socket 1155 7.1 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard
ThermalTake Armor A90 VL90001W2Z Black Case with window
Total £500

Good build or is that too little for that price ?
I am also looking into getting a 32Gb SSD HDD to put my OS on only and use the 500GB for the Program and User files, but im unsure whether over time a year or two if the 32GB wil be enough ?​

rohly

rohly

rohly420
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey 5th Anniversary Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Caviar blue is good for nothing. Caviar black is faster and caviar green is less loud and uses less energy. Caviar blue has no advantages. Its just plain. You will want Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB.

Also your going to want a 1600 MHz 8GB DDR3 Ram. You have 1333 MHz ram. 1333 MHz = bad.

Lastly I would go with a 650 watt PSU so you have room. You never want to max out your PSU and if you do upgrade you will still have room.

12ice

12ice

Windows Phone App Developer
Reaction score
Sin$
Caviar blue is good for nothing. Caviar black is faster and caviar green is less loud and uses less energy. Caviar blue has no advantages. Its just plain. You will want Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB.

Also your going to want a 1600 MHz 8GB DDR3 Ram. You have 1333 MHz ram. 1333 MHz = bad.

Lastly I would go with a 650 watt PSU so you have room. You never want to max out your PSU and if you do upgrade you will still have room.

You see i've had someone say about these HDD's before, Could you explain the differences, I got told the Caviar greens where worse than the Blues, on the HDD side of things i'm not looking for anything special, I wont be requiring vigorous use from it. As for the ram i found these: http://www.kikatek.com/product_info.php?products_id=180736&source=froogle

With them parts i used http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/Power and i put it to 100% usage and really pushed it in terms of PCI cards i might add, the processor overclock to 4.2Ghz (Which i will do and will draw 145 watts) and USB devices and the degrading of the parts and even the SSD drive i hit 445 Watts, I honestly wont upgrade parts in this if i do i'd be buying a whole new computer honestly. So I'm sticking with the PSU but the ram i will get its only £5 more and i'd like to know abit more about the HDD's first.

rohly

rohly

rohly420
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey 5th Anniversary Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You see i've had someone say about these HDD's before, Could you explain the differences, I got told the Caviar greens where worse than the Blues, on the HDD side of things i'm not looking for anything special, I wont be requiring vigorous use from it. As for the ram i found these: http://www.kikatek.com/product_info.php?products_id=180736&source=froogle

With them parts i used http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/Power and i put it to 100% usage and really pushed it in terms of PCI cards i might add, the processor overclock to 4.2Ghz (Which i will do and will draw 145 watts) and USB devices and the degrading of the parts and even the SSD drive i hit 445 Watts, I honestly wont upgrade parts in this if i do i'd be buying a whole new computer honestly. So I'm sticking with the PSU but the ram i will get its only £5 more and i'd like to know abit more about the HDD's first.
There is three types in the Western Digital Caviar Series: Black, Blue, and Green.

Black: The best in terms of performance. Uses the most energy and is the loudest. Don't know the exact wattage it uses but I don't think its that much. Also I dont think that it's really that loud; it's just louder than the others.

Blue: Average performance, average energy usage, average noise. I would never recommend it because usually you want either good performance or less power usage.

Green: Lowest performance, least energy usage, least noise. This is what I would recommend if you are almost going over on power usage. Like the black, I don't think it's that much less performance but it is noticeable.

I would recommend the black for sure unless your close to running out of room on your PSU.

Also to your SSD question: I would buy the SSD for your OS because an OS is only around 20GB and the SSD will help you boot your computer so much faster.

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
I would have waited for ivy bridge. April 8th is the official date.

Before you buy a hdd look up the read/write speed and make sure its good enough for you.

Top Bottom
Login
Register