Dimzin

Reaction score
Here's the start of my latest build.
Newstuff.jpg

Asus P8Z77V-Deluxe
Intel 3770K
250GB Samsung 840EVO SSD
Corsair H100i Rad.
I didn't actually use the Silverstone, Went with a Corsair RM-850 instead.

Annnnnd this..
Coolermaster - StormStryker
IMG_20140504_141440.jpg

Has taken me a while but so far I'm @ less than $300.00 cdn.
Here's the projected cost and additional parts I'm looking @.
Any suggestions or feedback?
Thanks.
-D-

Cryptid

Cryptid

Stickied Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Here's the start of my latest build.

Asus P8Z77V-Deluxe
Intel 3770K
250GB Samsung 840EVO SSD
Corsair H100i Rad.
I didn't actually use the Silverstone, Went with a Corsair RM-850 instead.

Annnnnd this..
Coolermaster - StormStryker

Has taken me a while but so far I'm @ less than $300.00 cdn.
Here's the projected cost and additional parts I'm looking @.
Any suggestions or feedback?
Thanks.
-D-

Woah, woah, woah. 32gb of 2400Mhz RAM? What on earth possessed you to think you need that much! Unless you're rendering in Maya, editing in photoshop, streaming, and playing a game at the same time you won't need anywhere near that. What will you be using this build for specifically? Gaming? Video editing? Streaming? Digital Rendering? I highly suggest that you buy 16gb of RAM at the most, and spend the extra $100-$200 to get a 780ti (currently one of, if not - the - highest benching single card on the market for gaming) over the 780 base.

Other than that, I like your build!

Dimzin

Dimzin

Reaction score
Hi Twipz, Thanks for the input.
Primary use will be gaming, 3D rendering is a bit of a hobby that I've gotten away from simply because I really don't have time to put into it any more.
Video editing.. Yep new Quadcopter w/1080 cam
Photoshop.. Of course theres always some post work to be done after the renderings completed..
Bigger Monitors, Higher resolution images... more memory...
I do still have all my programs and would like to get back into it, sooo I was thinking of the 32GB as kind of a necessity. Although I could always start off w/16 and just see.
-D-

J

Jedi

That Star Wars Guy
Reaction score
Dude! We have the same case!
jbxnwnbzE2mA6r.jpg
I would have suggest going with the 4790k. Same price but better. And do you have any experience with Blender?

Rusty

Rusty

See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil.
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Donator
Reaction score
I honestly don't get why people care how much RAM someone purchased, I'm pretty sure it's up to them and they know what they're doing.

Otherwise, nice specs and can't wait to see more pics :smile:

Dimzin

Dimzin

Reaction score
Hey Jedi, Thanks for the input.
I already have the 3770k (which was a gift along w/the P8Z77-V) So I've gotta stick w/that for now.
Future upgrade path will HAVE to consist of @ least a Z97 Mobo though.
I've a couple prior purchases that are REALLLY close to being finalized which will free up quite a bit of (disposable) income and let me throw a nice chunk of change into this project.
Storm-stryker: HUUUUGE Chassis w/quite a few different configuration options available. (Will definitely keep this one around for a while.)
Sooooo really nothings written in stone, just kinda trying to make do w/what I have available @ the moment and grabbing a part when I can.
As for Blender, I couldn't put the time into it that it needed to hook me.
I got into 3d when 3dsmax latest was v2.5.
Talk about a learning curve.
Thought it was a road I'd like to travel down but life got in the way and I wound up just messing w/3d rendering as a hobby.
Will post up some more pics when I find the missing cable (Thanks wife) for my camera. (Damn Olympus and their proprietaryness)

-D-

Last edited:
Top Bottom