What's new

Support My 3DS is starting to effect my eyes!

• Thread starter whiityp
  • Start date
  • Views 7,641
whiityp

whiityp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have had my new 3DS since Christmas and I've been playing on it for like 2hrs a day since on mario 3d land.

But recently i started getting this problem. Every time I play on super mario 3d land on my 3DS for an hour or two with the full 3d effect on. My eyes seem fine while playing, but when i turn it off and i find something else to do like go on my pc and start browsing the web, every page i look at my eyes are still trying to adjust and everything i see on my monitor looks like 3D mode still! This problem lasts for at least an hour or two after play.

Should i go to the doctors and explain to him or should i just stop playing my new 3DS because the last thing i want is permanent eye damage.

xXmau5tr4pXx

xXmau5tr4pXx

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Dont play with the 3D on and if you do use only a little never use max if you plan on playing more than 30 minutes.

Fuzz

Fuzz

☑ rekt    ☐ not rekt
Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I know people that now get frequent headaches from it.

xIce101x

xIce101x

H2 Legend
Experienced Veteran Frame In Gold AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
Same thing happens to me. I wouldn't be too worried about it

mannymax

mannymax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Your eyes might not be use to such a high volume of 3D. Just turn down the 3D a little or just limit yourself...

So far i found zelda after a while gives me a headace so i play with the slider half way and im fine.. Mario Kart on the otherhand doesnt affect me at all.

Trophy2345

Trophy2345

Otaku
Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
When i first played Guitar Hero for an extended period of time, When i looked at something else it was all shaky, That eventually went away and never came back, Which should happen with the 3DS, I have one and a 3d tv, And personally never had this problem whatsoever, My most recent encounter with 3d was Crysis1 on PS3 for around 6 hours Full blast, when i was done went on the computer and was not affected.

xIce101x

xIce101x

H2 Legend
Reaction score
Sin$
If you play it enough you will have to wear glasses, it happened to me just by playing Xbox a good amount per day.
I've been gaming for like 15 years and I'm still 20/20. Cut down a lot after halo 2 died but still put in around 10-20hrs a week usually when my fiancees at work. The 3DS does however scare me now that you said that because when I was trying to beat ocarina of time my vision was blurry for like 30mins after 2hrs of playing.

Dazee

Dazee

The World Is Yours
Fabled Veteran Bright Idea Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been gaming for like 15 years and I'm still 20/20. Cut down a lot after halo 2 died but still put in around 10-20hrs a week usually when my fiancees at work. The 3DS does however scare me now that you said that because when I was trying to beat ocarina of time my vision was blurry for like 30mins after 2hrs of playing.
That's weird that you don't need glasses lol, I have terrible vision because I used to get the same problem (blurred vision after playing for a while).

xIce101x

xIce101x

H2 Legend
Reaction score
Sin$
That's weird that you don't need glasses lol, I have terrible vision because I used to get the same problem (blurred vision after playing for a while).
See that never happens unless I play the 3DS for an extended period of time. Don't play it anymore since there's no games I want.to play but I think next time I play it I'm turning 3D off

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
Solution: spend $400 on a 3d monitor and if your gpu doesn't support 3d then get a new one.

Baretta

Baretta

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
same here even looking at random things it feels like its still in the 3d ds mode. but goes away shortly. no problem

Top Bottom
Login
Register