What's new

Tutorial MW3 Possible Bring Infections Online (Theory) Maybe MW2 Loop

Im A Hooker

Im A Hooker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well looking at SetFromDvar i went to go check if there could be something similar still in mw3 and i found these
Code:
Dvar_SetStringFromSource(dvar_s *dvar, const char *string, DvarSetSource source)
Dvar_SetStringByName(const char *dvarName, const char *value)
Dvar_SetString(dvar_s *dvar, const char *value)
Dvar_SetIntFromSource(dvar_s *dvar, int value, DvarSetSource source)
Dvar_SetIntByName(const char *dvarName, int value)
Dvar_SetCheatState(void)
Dvar_Toggle_f(void)
Dvar_SetCommand(const char *dvarName, const char *string)
Dvar_SetFromStringFromSource(dvar_s *dvar, const char *string, DvarSetSource source)
Dvar_SetFromStringByNameFromSource(const char *dvarName, const char *string, DvarSetSource source)
Dvar_SetFromStringByName(const char *dvarName, const char *string)
Of course they're are lots more but i just thought those were interesting.
But the more interesting one's i was looking at where the SetFromString.
Im not sure but i think you could probably bring mw3 infections online this way (those that work :/ )
And If it does work then we should just figure out how to get more dvars to work :tongue:

Also i was thinking you could use some of these to loop for mw2
if you had it do something along the lines of this:
THIS CODE IS FOR MW2 NOT MW3
Code:
SetFromStringByNameFromSource motd activeaction "r_znear 35;SetFromStringByNameFromSource motd activeaction \"r_znear35;etc\""
Don't flame for that i haven't tested or even tried to work with "SetFromStringByNameFromSource"

Savage Zombie

Savage Zombie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah all infections will reset. They dont reset till u spawn when you go start a match. i was trying things out just using cg_fov "130" and i got it to stick while in spectating(after leaving syslink) but as soon as i spawn it was gone. I tried looking for something that would cause that to happen but have'nt had any luck figuring it out.

Ozzypozzy

Ozzypozzy

But you can just call me Ozzy.
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah all infections will reset. They dont reset till u spawn when you go start a match. i was trying things out just using cg_fov "130" and i got it to stick while in spectating(after leaving syslink) but as soon as i spawn it was gone. I tried looking for something that would cause that to happen but have'nt had any luck figuring it out.
Best bet on getting FOV to infect is finding a way to spawn differently, its the spawning that resets cg_fov

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
It'll reset when the game starts/switches menus i believe. That's what had stopped knockback.

Im A Hooker

Im A Hooker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They would just reset
oh well what do you think about the mw2 looping idea? because i tested a alternation to the code i had as a example up there and it looped a modded lobby(just tested with a 5 second timelimit and it looped) but havent had it loop when not host but there is probably a way

Crinchy

Crinchy

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
oh well what do you think about the mw2 looping idea? because i tested a alternation to the code i had as a example up there and it looped a modded lobby(just tested with a 5 second timelimit and it looped) but havent had it loop when not host but there is probably a way
*sigh*

D1G1TAL

D1G1TAL

║▌││║▌║││║▌│║║│▌ ɴзтшøяkзđ
Hardened Veteran Modder Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$

Sup man. So when you tested your loop idea did all the dvars you included in the dll work? If it did how many times did it loop?

Iwesley93I

Iwesley93I

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
SetFromStringByNameFromSource motd bind BUTTON_BACK "r_znear 35;SetFromStringByNameFromSource motd bind BUTTON_BACK "r_znear35"......

maybe?

Im A Hooker

Im A Hooker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sup man. So when you tested your loop idea did all the dvars you included in the dll work? If it did how many times did it loop?
yea all the dvars i had looped until i left the game (so it looped for however many games i was host for) but the code i posted wasn't the exact code. but i did use SetFromStringByNameFromSource

SetFromStringByNameFromSource motd bind BUTTON_BACK "r_znear 35;SetFromStringByNameFromSource motd bind BUTTON_BACK "r_znear35"......

maybe?
no that wouldn't work

D

djzakattack1213

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
has anyone tried the world at war method from a really long time ago of just putting the dvars in twice?

D1G1TAL

D1G1TAL

║▌││║▌║││║▌│║║│▌ ɴзтшøяkзđ
Hardened Veteran Modder Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
yea all the dvars i had looped until i left the game (so it looped for however many games i was host for) but the code i posted wasn't the exact code. but i did use SetFromStringByNameFromSource

So this means that you could have Unlimited UAV, wallhack, etc. for as many games as you want as long as you you have the force host dvars in the .dll, that's awesome man. The XP dvars apply as well or not?

Im A Hooker

Im A Hooker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So this means that you could have Unlimited UAV, wallhack, etc. for as many games as you want as long as you you have the force host dvars in the .dll, that's awesome man. The XP dvars apply as well or not?
well soon as i lost host i lost most things, other than cartoon mode and big uav. but the rest they sticked for all the games i stayed host. Also i didn't think force host still worked? You would have to get host first game

XeChris

clt42

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
The only reason why I released the dll is because active action was gone.

XeChris

clt42

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
well soon as i lost host i lost most things, other than cartoon mode and big uav. but the rest they sticked for all the games i stayed host. Also i didn't think force host still worked? You would have to get host first game

Congrats on getting some dvars to stick. Now here's how to loop them
Put these in my mw3 dll

G_compassShowEnemies "setfromdvar g_compassShowEnemies Motd"

Motd "seta g_compassShowenemies \"0\""

Top Bottom
Login
Register