Discussion MW2 Resign Problem?

• Thread starter Mortifix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,079
M

Mortifix

Reaction score
Sin$
I was playing MW2 on my banned 360 and when I put my harddrive on my unbanned one, everything was corrupt. I recovered my profile took my MW2 corrupt saves and resigned and rehashed and the xbox was reading that the save game was fine, but when I load up MW2 there is nothing. Whats the deal with this?

J

joeocity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It is probably because since the banned xbox only signs the files for offline leaving the files unusable for online.

M

Mortifix

Reaction score
Sin$
Well I recovered my profile and resigned it with that, shouldn't it work?

jester

jester

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
joeocity said:
It is probably because since the banned xbox only signs the files for offline leaving the files unusable for online.

Almost, but it's more along the lines of your banned xbox being kv-locked. You'll notice you can't load any outside saves on your banned 360 either, at least not without having the decrypted KV from that console, and using it to rehash/resign (which is what I do). Not sure if there is a workaround, I'm not really worried about moving saves *FROM* my freeBOOT 360, I'm just glad I figured out how to get them *ONTO* it. :smile:

M

Mortifix

Reaction score
Sin$
So once an xbox becomes banned, the harddrive has to be reformatted? There has to be a way to hex edit it right?

jester

jester

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
Mortifix said:
So once an xbox becomes banned, the harddrive has to be reformatted? There has to be a way to hex edit it right?

... Reformatted? No.

Re-recover your profile? Yes.

M

Mortifix

Reaction score
Sin$
Well I had to because every save game for every game I had was corrupt and I couldn't transfer files to and from the harddrive. So I reformatted and its good now, but I can't get to any of the saves.

Also, if I hook up the harddrive to the banned Xbox can I still save games from it?

Top Bottom
Login
Register