• Thread starter ModMan911
  • Start date
  • Views 749
ModMan911

ModMan911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
HI I GOT MY XBOX FLASH WITH IEXTREME 1.6 THE OTHER DAY..DOWNLOADED MW2 onto a DL disk and used active iso then i put it into my 360 and load's to the start menu then i get an error message saying that the disk is unreadable? Anyone tell me what im doing wrong thanks.

ModMan911

ModMan911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
RaNDoM v1 said:
Try burning it to a new disc.. and make sure you do it right..

I did twice and still got the same problom..could it be that im not using a dual layer burner maybe?

Upvote 0
Novaa

Novaa

Seasoned Member
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
ModMan911 said:
I did twice and still got the same problom..could it be that im not using a dual layer burner maybe?
Could be + are you using cheap DVDs/CDs to burn on? If so, that could be you're problem..

Upvote 0
I

I Play Xbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You're on 1.6, which recognizes MW2 as a bad rip, so it won't load it. You need to burn activate.iso to a disc, insert the disk in your 360, eject it, and put in MW2. AND you need a dual layer burner...

Upvote 0
ModMan911

ModMan911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
RaNDoM v1 said:
Could be + are you using cheap DVDs/CDs to burn on? If so, that could be you're problem..

No the disk's are good my freind burned me NFS shift the other day on one of them and that works fine. Do you know were i can get a cheap but good dual layer burner cause i really think thats the problom?

Upvote 0
G

Go Outside Nerd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
RaNDoM v1 said:
I doubt its from cheap media, i buy all my dual layers from walmart and never have a problem. Make sure your dvd writer says DVD+DL on it, mine says it right on the tray.

Do you know were i can get a cheap but good dual layer burner cause i really think thats the problom?

I got mine from walmart, its an external hp dvd writer. It was still 50 bucks though.

Upvote 0
ModMan911

ModMan911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
xJAREDZILLAx said:
You're on 1.6, which recognizes MW2 as a bad rip, so it won't load it. You need to burn activate.iso to a disc, insert the disk in your 360, eject it, and put in MW2.

Done that and still only loads to the start menu and i get the error message..

Go Outside Nerd said:
I doubt its from cheap media, i buy all my dual layers from walmart and never have a problem. Make sure your dvd writer says DVD+DL on it, mine says it right on the tray.

Thats most likely the problom then as mine dosent:.( dam!

Upvote 0
G

Go Outside Nerd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
xJAREDZILLAx said:
You're on 1.6, which recognizes MW2 as a bad rip, so it won't load it. You need to burn activate.iso to a disc, insert the disk in your 360, eject it, and put in MW2. AND you need a dual layer burner...
He said he had activate.iso in the original post.

Upvote 0
ModMan911

ModMan911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Go Outside Nerd said:
He said he had activate.iso in the original post.

Yes i did. but what i dont understand is why the game just loads to thwe start menu and then i get the error message?? if it was a bad burn or not a proper one (i.e i dont have a dual layer burner) then should it just not play at all?

Upvote 0
G

Go Outside Nerd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ModMan911 said:
Yes i did. but what i dont understand is why the game just loads to thwe start menu and then i get the error message?? if it was a bad burn or not a proper one (i.e i dont have a dual layer burner) then should it just not play at all?
This is going to sound stupid, but do you have your hard drive on? One time when i burnt gears 2, i was playing it with my hdd off, and it would load up the menu then give disc unreadable. i popped my hdd back in and it loaded up fine.

Upvote 0
ModMan911

ModMan911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Go Outside Nerd said:
This is going to sound stupid, but do you have your hard drive on? One time when i burnt gears 2, i was playing it with my hdd off, and it would load up the menu then give disc unreadable. i popped my hdd back in and it loaded up fine.

Mm its in alright but i might take it out and see if that works.

Go Outside Nerd said:

No still no luck..:frown:

Upvote 0
OLine57

OLine57

ALL GAVE SOME. SOME GAVE ALL. 343
Hardened Veteran Gifter Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the same problem when using activate.iso with MW2. Sometimes activate.iso will read, sometimes not. Then once it does read, sometimes MW2 will read and sometimes not. If you put in activate.iso and it comes up and says put this in an xbox360 to play it, then you got activate.iso right. Now open your drive, and put in MW2. If it gives you the disc unreadable error, take out MW2, put activate.iso back in and do it all over again. It took 15 minutes of doing it over and over one time to get it to play MW2, but it eventually will play it.

Upvote 0
ModMan911

ModMan911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok im having a problem changing the iso file to a .dvd file anyone help me there?Im using imgburn and do bitsettings mater alot?

Upvote 0
OLine57

OLine57

ALL GAVE SOME. SOME GAVE ALL. 343
Hardened Veteran Gifter Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't change the .iso to a .dvd. If you are burning a game, you burn the .dvd file and the program will automatically burn the .iso. If you are burning activate.iso, then use imgburn and just burn the .iso. Look at the tut in my sig if you need more help.

Upvote 0
N

natore

Reaction score
Sin$
same problem here with the rrod copy. after activate.iso the game menu loads, and as soon as i press start or load a profile it says disc unreadable. I'm using liteon 1.6fw

bad burn most likely... just tried on my buddies 1.61benq and same error at menu.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register