MUST READ! TU3 MP Banning!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by vX Fatality Xv, Feb 6, 2009 with 33 replies and 1,212 views.

1. vX Fatality Xv

vX Fatality Xv Getting There

Ratings:
    Well, it's going to suck when the TU3 comes out... take a look at official posts below...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joeGraf [Click here to view the link]
    Be patient. TU3 will have a present from me to the standby-er and by extension a gift from me to all the players.

Quote:
    I did mean that person won't get to play. However, I did write some special standby punishment code for the people that do it post TU3. They will be sad.

Graf was asked if he's ever been standbyed, this was his response:
    Quote:
    Only once out of all the matches I've played. Yes, I intend to add special code so they no longer play MP

• Like Like x 1
  2. IAmTheMessenger

IAmTheMessenger Newbie

Ratings:
    I wonder how much this will actually be enforced. Bungie advertises the same thing, but Halo has just as much standbying as it did before the TU.

3. OP
    vX Fatality Xv

Ratings:
    JoeGraf stated that he had been standbyed in a match, thought it was annoying, and wrote the code to ban people who do it, once TU3 rolls out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PURPL3 H4ZE

PURPL3 H4ZE Getting There

Ratings:
    well looking at how many members havent been able to get host in a long time id say he'l inforce it all right.
    i havent been able to get host in weeks.
    an these bannings do take place ive been banned from forza2 for over a year as soon as i put the game in it signs me out of live

5. OP
    vX Fatality Xv

Ratings:
    Yep, that means force host as much as possible until TU3.

• Like Like x 1
  6. iknowimdumb359

iknowimdumb359 Newbie

Ratings:
    I heard that they're also gonna get rid of 2-piecing in TU3 as well

is this true?! cuz if so, I need a new strategy :tongue:lol

7. Monster Energy

Monster Energy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i guess its not goin to be as affective/strong.

8. HangtimePro

HangtimePro Permanently Plugged In

Ratings:
    Are there any sources that estimate when the TU3 will be out?

9. o CLiFF x

o CLiFF x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This is a GOOD thing. I don't understand why you want to do it after the update.

10. nizmocho

nizmocho Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So we can standby until TU3 without consequences, but won't be able to do so without getting banned once it comes out?

Also, will bridging (without standbying) be allowed?

11. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Proof?

Obviously bridging will be allowed without standbying, they can't specifically tell if you are bridging host. If anything they would have to make server side hosts which they wouldn't do to prevent hosts in general.

• Like Like x 3
  12. .Capacity

.Capacity Enthusiast

Ratings:

if you check under the title update thread on gears of war.com joe graf posts about it.
    i would send you a link but im honestly too lazy.

13. TehPhelix

Ratings:
    Then I am honestly to lazy to believe any of this. If you are so "un-lazy" as to post a thread, reply in it, argue in it, and tell me you are too lazy then I am sure you could have spent five seconds to get the actual proof and make this thread worth reading. Always have proof to acusations. I will believe this when someone posts it. Either way technically "manipulation of your internet" is against Microsofts ToS so they could just suspend/ban you but they are too lazy, what makes you think EPIC will be any different?

• Like Like x 2
  14. OP
    vX Fatality Xv

Ratings:

Graf was asked if he's ever been standbyed, this was his response: Quote:
    Only once out of all the matches I've played. Yes, I intend to add special code so they no longer play MP

• Like Like x 1
  15. TehPhelix

Ratings:
    Okay, now was that so hard? No I don't think it was. Yet, by posting that I bring up my next point to you. Not once did they ever say anything about multiplayer banning. He merely said he would add "code" to stop us from playing multiplayer but I assure you that if it is not a direct multiplayer type ban then there will be a way around it. Even those interpreting that sentence could think it is multiple things, it could just mean they are adding code so the people that bridge can't play when they try to bridge. Meaning they will make people find a new way to bridge in which I am sure there will be if it comes to that. Just don't jump to conclusions unless it explicitly says "Those caught standbying in multiplayer will be banned from multiplayer". Even with that direct statement there are many flaws such as "caught" in which EPIC is lazy. Bungie implies the same rules as well as xbox itself yet they barely enforce it what makes you think this will be different? What makes you think they will even catch us? Those people posting on EPIC forums? NO. Honestly that post leaves a lot of lupoles and gaps in your accusation and is not indefinite proof. /end

• Like Like x 1
  16. DeathFromTurds

DeathFromTurds Enthusiast

Ratings:
    they not going to do anything. if so its called ip change lol if they target ur internet they have to target the ip if im not mistaken. atleast thats how most websites ban and i dont know how gears can do elsewise

17. OP
    vX Fatality Xv

Ratings:
    It is still a type of multiplayer ban, please don't be so rude.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TehPhelix

Ratings:
    I was not attempted to be rude. However the internet doesn't display feelings so if I offended you I apologize. I am only trying to come off of this all on a simply observation and factual way. Merely trying to point out all possible scenarios in this case. All I am trying to get across here is that the post that you claimed to be proof was simply a general statement which can be interpreted many different ways and mean many different things, most of which have lupols or ways to change it. Again, I am sorry if I came off as rude.

They can also ban your gamertag and console number, and other NAND stuff if they really wanted to but I doubt they would go that far. If they did you are sol unless you know a lot about xbox's which few people do know enough to reverse all of that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WishMaster

WishMaster Member

Ratings:
    Well if it is only for stand-byer's im sure it wont affect for those who force host. I guess we will have to wait and see then.:mellow:

20. .Capacity

.Capacity Enthusiast

Ratings:
    jesus christ man do you start something with everyone?

i never said i believed that they would actually inforce the ban i was just saying i read it, ive seen it; but i didnt want to search through the thread to find it.

and it would take longer then 5 seconds.
    i spent forever reading it when i did.
    theres like a thousand pages and he posted in the middle of it.

youre the only person ive seen on this forum that takes posts here as a personal attack.
    i'm pretty damn sure no one here is trying to disrespect you and your opinions so please for the love of god chill out.